Here we go again.......Avery????

whoscloset
Community Member
I expect this sort of thing from a new-be but this guy has a feedback of 387???? Here's the e-mail I just received:

"Dear whoscloset, Please excuse my mistake. I did not mean to BUY IT NOW. I was placing a bid on the item. My apologies."

Avery, when is eBay going to make some allowances for this type of thing and refund our listing fees for these "Bidder Errors"?

Monique

Monique

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Monique
Here is what I got tonight from one guy bidding on TWO of my items (he is the highest bidder on both): "Dear amberwoodottawa, Could you please cancel/retract this bid? It was made by an unauthorized user using this account. I will report this to ebay."

This guy has 100% positive FB rating of 106 HOWEVER he has just purchased an similar guitar to what he is bidding on from me.

I sent him an email telling him that he can cancel his own bids however as he is claiming stolen identity, I will call Power Seller support and report it. I said that they will likely have him change his id and password and would review the auction to see where the bids originated from (whose ISP).

I then asked if he would like me to proceed and report the incident to eBay and he has not responded in the last 3 hours.

Sometimes you just have to play hardball with these people.

Sad thing is I know I am going to have problems with him should the sales go through and he is the winner.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

"when is eBay going to make some allowances for this type of thing and refund our listing fees?"

You may have missed the Announcement a few months ago:

"Non-Paying Bidder Re-list Credit - Currently, an item listed on eBay.ca that is won, but not paid for by the buyer, is not eligible for an insertion fee credit when the seller re-lists the item and it sells. As of February 2, 2004, qualifying NPB items will be eligible for the standard re-list credit. (Please see the Frequently Asked Questions for more details.)"
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
Thats is all great, but does anybody else here have a hard time keeping track of all the this stuff. We have to wait 10 days to file the NPB, then another 7 for the FVF. But too long or it is too late. Now if you relist the item and it sells you need to keep track of whether you need to file the NPB to gt the listing fee back. Maybe I am just being ungrateful, but I am finding it difficult to keep all this straight.

I have lost a bunch of fees because I try to be patient with the seller and end up missing the time limit. And lately I have angered a few customers because I tell them I will combine shipping for them but if they wait to long I have to file for the fees back just in case they don't pay.

It is a frustrating system, but then again I guess we should be happy we are getting the fees back.

Rob
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Sellers Manager , keeps track if it for FREE
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
Selling Manager is $5US a month. It's relatively cheap and awesome in post-sales management.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

33dga
Community Member
I use Seller's MAnager Pro and it has shaved at least 3 hours out of my day

It gets a little confusing as paypal marks customers paid by it self on my sold listings page but it is well worth the money for the time it saves to use it.

Schedule NPB's every friday or something and just go through the list and if you have not heard from the buyers then just file away

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
"Maybe I am just being ungrateful, but I am finding it difficult to keep all this straight."

I think that's why it is set up that way. The more difficult it is, and the longer we have to wait, the less likely we are to get the fees back.

I only run 30-60 new auctions a week, and only a couple of those end up being non payers, but I still have trouble. And no, I'm not going to pay extra so that I can have their program sort out their mess. I'll keep doing it myself, despite the time it takes, and the fees I usually miss - on principle.

Another little gripe is that you can't relist the item until after all the reports have been filed. If you relist the item once the buyer definitely isn't going to pay, you don't get your listing fee back. You have to wait at least 7 days for the NPB alert, then at least another 10 days for the FVF, and then you can relist it. If it sells, you "may receive a full or partial listing fee credit". How delightfully ambiguous and vague. 😕
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
I used SM for a few months. It just didn't work well enough for me. The web interface was slow, combining auctions was a headache (sometimes it worked) and leaving bulk feedback for combined auctions was not an option, to name a few. Plus the $60.00 US a year is too much for that type of service.

Will SM remind you to relist your items once the NPB has been filed?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I agree with Shooger. It's not just by chance that it's a painstaking process to file. I never used to bother but I do now but I resent every single step it takes as it's a major pita.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply