Hi. I clearly indicated on my item that I only ship to Canada and the US.

rtb542
Community Member

Hi. I clearly indicated on my item that I only ship to Canada and the US. Someone from the Russian Federation won the item, but I will not ship to him. He has not yet paid. What do I do now?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

cancel the transaction.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Use Contact Buyer to let him know that you are not willing to ship outside North America. Note that shipping to Russia with Air Mail and Delivery Confirmation would cost (whatever ExpressPost or Priority Post would be).

Do not allow the buyer to pay less than the amount you will need by telling you that he will accept the slower Surface (it takes months and he can win a Non-Delivery dispute unless it arrives within 45 days and you can show delivery. Not shipping, delivery.)

If he pays the North American rate, you can ask him for a North American address. You do not have to ship for less than it would cost you.

This is while things remain polite and friendly. If he gets pushy, you can report him as an Unwanted Bidder, based on his location.

And it is not enough to say in your description that you will not ship outside Canada and the US. You have to specifically tick off the appropriate boxes on the Sell Your Item form. You can also Block specific countries or continents you will not ship to.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply