Hi, I sold an item weeks ago but I don't know how to get the $. My paypal account has zero balance.

I sold an item weeks ago and my seller dashboard says I got the payment, however I don't know how to access the funds. I checked my paypal account and it says zero balance. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I sold an item weeks ago but I don't know how to get the $. My paypal account has zero balance.

@twerp_24 wrote:

I sold an item weeks ago and my seller dashboard says I got the payment, however I don't know how to access the funds. I checked my paypal account and it says zero balance. Can anyone help?

Check your item that you sold and see what email address the payment was sent to. It might be an address that you don't have associated with your paypal account.

How to check? One method is to go to the item (in the Sold section of My eBay), on the far right of the item click on More Actions and select Sell similar from the drop down menu. Then see what email address you have set up in the Select how you will be paid section of the selling form. Do not finish the listing.

If it is different and the address belongs to you, then you add the address to your paypal account to access the money.

If it is different and the address does not belong to you, then you are going to need more help.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Was it an e-cheque payment by chance? Those take time to clear, although from your description of the situation, I'm not sure this is about e-cheques.

Or even the 21-day hold on new seller payments. Is it possible that may still apply? You appear to be a new seller. Paypal will have record of your funds but not allow you access to the balance of them until 21-days later until you have met their criteria for trustworthy. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply