Hi eBay people, i have selected an item by mistake that i didn't want to buy. what can i do

Hi ebay people i have selected an item which i didn't want to buy what can i do now because ebay sent me an invoice asking me to pay for the item whic i don't need, what can i do now? please let me know

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi eBay people, i have selected an item by mistake that i didn't want to buy. what can i do

Contact seller and apologize and ask them to send Cancellation..

If your bidding and make a mistake bidding scroll to bottom of page ... Click Site map.. Look for Bid Retraction and follow the steps

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You cannot cancel the transaction. Only the seller can do that and they are not obligated to do so. If the seller refuses to cancel the transaction, you most likely would get an unpaid item strike if you do not pay.

Hopefully the seller will cancel the transaction (which you will also have to agree to by selecting the agreement option in the cancellation request).

In the future, do not bid/buy if you just looking at an item. Add the item to your watch list instead. If you do not pay for items you have purchased (even if by mistake), you could get unpaid item strikes and just 2 in a 12 month period could get you blocked from bidding on most items.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply