Hmm I'm getting very weird eBay messages from "buyers" today, what are they up to?

Today I've received two bizzare eBay messages:

1 Was from Russia and asked if I sold a DVD movie set - I'm a stamp guy, and don't sell DVDs.

1 Was from Great Britain, it at least had the right topic it said that I was a criminal (and that eBay was too) and that all the stamps I sell are fake and listed a variety of organizations the sender belonged to and said I had to get back to them. (I reported this email just so I have a record with the ebay powers that be if something more happens)

I get bizarre stuff all the time in regular email, but it is very strange that all the sudden I am getting strange eBay messages like this within a couple hours of each other.

The paranoid part of me figures they're trying to get something, but so far the only thing I can think of is that they're trying to get my email address, I think the messaging system provides it when you respond? I never responded to either.

Anyone else getting strange messages today?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hmm I'm getting very weird eBay messages from "buyers" today, what are they up to?

Never. It is just you. You have yer idiot magnet turned on.

Do not respond. Block them.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Every email sent through eBay has a "report" link.....use it!

As to your question...who knows what they are up to, perhaps even lonelier than the people who hang out on these boards?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Yes I did report the 2nd one using just that link....the first time I've ever done that!
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Every email sent through eBay has a "report" link.....use it!

As to your question...who knows what they are up to, perhaps even lonelier than the people who hang out on these boards?

I resemble that remark!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

in a way, its too bad they were just emails, i got a nasty 10 page letter today(express post at that) from an ebay buyer.

the up side is that it was cold this morning and i got 30 seconds of hands warmth out of the letter.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

It is probably worth mentioning that neither of them had purchased anything from me, the 2nd one, that was at least related to stamps, only had 1 feedback....sometime since they started on ebay in early November. They made their feedback private so don't know when the "1" arrived....
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

It must be a good day for crazies. No loony emails received but I did get a call from the technical department of Microsoft ( speaker had a definite accent from someplace several 1000's of km east of here) so I just hung up

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I got the microsoft phone call a few times so finally I played along with it spent about 30 minutes making them think i was trying to do it but it would not let me ..

ask them about 20 times to tell me how to do it one more time maybe I was doing something wrong .. All the time I was actually doing my daughters nails for her and getting prepping my ebay labels ..

east end fella gotta very mad after awhile and called me an idiot and hung up ...

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Oh, that was one of those scammers tying to get access to your computer. I've heard about those. Good luck trying that on me.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

They, or a derivative of, were operating here Inuk, about ten years ago.

You probably remember they were located on the second floor at the big strip mall on the corner of Pembina & Grant.

WPS shut them down.

The only reason I can recall that is because my daughters university friend had worked there for a couple of days.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

They are at every level depending on one's tolerance and ability to fend for yerself.

In my world, plumbers, electricians, window and door installers are scam artists. Discount travel sites are thieves. I saved $200 off the discounters by doing it myself.

It is all relative to your ability to look after yourself.

BB! You have to wonder this as much as I do: "How do most people get through the day without institutional care?".
Photobucket
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

"How do most people get through the day without institutional care?".

I think most sell their homes in Elmwood, resign from their managerial position with the Province & relocate to Belleville.

Of course that is only if you were still managing the outlet on Ellice Avenue.

I can just imagine what you went through in that location.

I guess the only bright note of working there is that Ken's Restaurant, across the street, still has great food.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

The worst one was Charleswood. Ellice Ave is a surreal experience.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Ellice Ave is a surreal experience.

Lots of meds & bus passes for sale outside that location two working days before the end of the month.

Know that like clockwork now as Emergency usually fills up on those days with victims of assault.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

When I was at the old Main and Manitoba store, we had the days marked on the calender: provincial welfare, city welfare, family allowance, gov't pension cheques, GST refunds,

Yup. ya can set yer calender by what comes in the door.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 16
latest reply