Hourglass symbol after I paid for an item.

I just purchased an item and instead of the $ sign being displayed, an hourglass symbol is there,  Is this something new?  I hope my payment goes through.  It would be most embarrasing considering it was a best offer.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

After checking Paypal just now, It says my payment is unclaimed so I am assuming there is a problem at the sellers end.  I have contacted the seller to let them know and for them to check if their info is up to date with Paypal.  I still haven't received a response and wonder if I should cancel the transaction as the option is there beside the unclaimed payment in Paypal.  I'm beginning to feel uneasy about the whole thing as this seller has no feedback for selling and only for buying.   I know we're all new at some point, but I'm feeling suspicious at this point.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's been a matter of a few hours.

Give the seller a chance, she may be watching tv or yelling at her kids or doing the laundry.

Or if she is in Asia, still asleep.

Sellers are required to wait 96 hours before taking action against non-paying bidders. This gives the customer a chance to react.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have cancelled the transaction because after further checking in my paypal summary, it shows the seller as not being registered.  I have not seen that before and wonder how they were able to list the item which is the only item that was listed.  I still feel there is something fishy about the whole thing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If the seller is Not A Registered User (NARU), you did the right thing.

What may have happened, is that the seller listed and sold a few items, was reported for shady dealings (usually through a Dispute, for example if the item was paid for but not shipped or not delivered or not what was ordered) and kicked off eBay. There is a time lag in all this, as is also true in Real Life.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@concerned4kitty wrote:

After checking Paypal just now, It says my payment is unclaimed so I am assuming there is a problem at the sellers end.  

I had a similar experience once when the seller did not claim payment immediately. I did not know why, but it was accepted the following day. Item shipped, received and mutual positive feedback was left. I think you cancelled too quickly.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It turns out that the sellers email was incorrectly registered with paypal, at least this is what they tell me.  They did manage to change it the following day and the sale was made again.  This was my first experience with having my payment unclaimed and because I did not feel comfortable with no communication from the seller, I chose to cancel the transaction in paypal.  As it turns out, the sale was made and the seller apologized the next day.

Thank you for everyones' response.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
latest reply