How Can I get My listings to show up on ebay France & Germany??

retro-daddy
Community Member
Hi all, Does anyone know how to get listings to show up on ebay France & Germany as they do on ebay.com. Should I use the 2nd title option to add key words in those languages? Any insight would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your listing should be showing up on all sites, at least the one I looked at which indicates "will ship to worldwide" should appear in all sites although in some sites it may not always come up in a basic search.

You could experiment using the subtitle option for a foreign language IF you think you have a product of specific interest to buyers from those countries. Keep in mind that subtitle keywords do not show up in a Title only search.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Ship world wide you will be on All Ebay sites
Todd
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

juliatrops
Community Member
Since I added specific shipping costs to specific countries, I have noticed an increase of hits from these countries - whereas before I hardly had any.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just a word of advise...only ship to Germany if it is tracked shipping. You will regret it if you chose international Air Parcel with no tracking. I guarantee the customer will get the package 2 months later and they will open a dispute and you will lose because it is not trackable.

I have 5 disputes ALL with German buyer.

Just a fair warning.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Just a word of advise..Only ship to Germany if it is tracked shipping. You will regret it if you chose international Air Parcel with no tracking. I guarantee the customer will get the package 2 months later and they will open a dispute and you will lose because it is not traceable.

I have 5 disputes ALL with German buyer.

Just a fair warning.

There are a few countries, world-wide, that have been experiencing delayed mail delivery. The very best thing a seller can do is to simply manage your buyer's expectations. Although I am sure most are aware of their postal system's issues. I have had 2 INR's in the past few weeks, one to Russia, one to Germany. (both under $20)  I refunded, asking that when it does arrive would they please let me know. Well, in both cases, items arrived a week or so after the claim and both asked how they can repay. Truth being, most buyers are honest and will do the right thing, most of the time. Don't throw your International business out the window over a few small, relatively insignificant issues.

I recommend, upon a sale, sending a  simple

"Thanks very much for your purchase of the (insert item name here)  We will be carefully packing it and shipping first thing in the morning. As I am sure you are aware, mail/packages to Germany (insert country here) has been on the slow side lately.

Rest assured we will be shipping right away and only ask that you be patient for your local postal system to deliver it to you, Thanks for your understanding, have a wonderful day."

Regards

Your Seller

Message 6 of 6
latest reply