How can I access the paypal shippping interface BEFORE I sell and item?

asdpmc
Community Member

I want to sell some stuff, but I don't know how much it would cost to ship via all the different ways my 'canadian' post office would do it.

Is it possible somehow to access the paypal shipping center Before I ship an item before I list it?

I'd like to know what the costs are before I list it so I can get an accurate idea of how much I could realistically get for an item.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can access Canada Post website: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/home.page

Better still, try to find some time with a postal clerk at your postal station - when they are not busy.  You may get lucky and find someone willing to guide you through the many options available.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

By the way, if you can find that friendly postal clerk willing to help and educate you, bring a few of your items with you.

The clerk may show you how some items qualify for some lower cost services depending on thickness (fitting either the 5mm or 20mm slots for domestic first class eligibility for example) and weight.

For example, when I look at your listing 291522448532 I cannot see how you can ship this lightweight item for less than $9 within Canada due to its size (parcel would be thicker than 20mm).  You only charge $4 or so.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It was possible to access the PayPal Shipping tool to make a label for non-ebay sales until this week.  Or in your case, to see what a package shipping costs would be and then cancel the label. Apparently this feature has been removed because of the eBay/PayPal split this week.

The link to using this is hard to find on PayPal so I have it bookmarked. But it no longer works. I will post it in case one day it works again.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/shipnow

Message 4 of 4
latest reply