How can I find out who outbid me in the final 5 seconds of an auction?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can't.

Only the seller and ebay knows and neither one

will tell you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What toby_le_pue wrote is correct but I' m not sure you'd have to get all red about it. The only thing you can find out is your rival bidders feedback score i.e. the number in the brackets. The way you would do this is to click on the number of bids which is found next to the winning bid price. That'll take you to a (bid history) page which will show you all the bids but not the bidders ID only their feedback score. Other information you can glean from that (bid history) page is if you click on the highlighted bidders code it will take you to another page which will show you some history of that buyer and the percentage of bids that that buyer has placed with that seller, and also categories that that certain buyer has bid and interest in. Not sure how that information can be used, but I'm sure someone has or can figure it out.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The search is used to confirm suspicions that there is a shiller who is pushing the price up.

However, if the questioner lost and the suspected bidder won, there is little chance that anything nefarious was going on since the whole point of shill bidding is to make the winner pay as much as possible for the item.

Rule of thumb: If you lost, you were not shilled.

Try bidding more next time.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Not necessarily. Sometimes no one outbids the shill bid and the shill bidder ends up the "winner". I recently seen a Fixed Price seller use another account to buy BIN items to inflate their feedback which they would leave themselves 2 minutes after "buying" item. Talk about super fast shipping. Two minutes for delivery of a tangible item.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ebay no longer shows who has bid on an item. Only the seller can see the full usernames.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply