How can I remove shipping charges to make it free shipping for a buyer after I accepted their offer?

I had an item listed as a buy it now, including shipping.  Buyer sent a message saying he would pay full price if I would give him free shipping.  I agreed to his offer, which ended the listing.  I sent him an invoice and changed the shipping charges to zero.  He hasn't paid, I asked him why and he said because I haven't removed the shipping charges yet.  What else should I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How can I remove shipping charges to make it free shipping for a buyer after I accepted their offer?

@keccollectibles wrote:

I had an item listed as a buy it now, including shipping.  Buyer sent a message saying he would pay full price if I would give him free shipping.  I agreed to his offer, which ended the listing.  I sent him an invoice and changed the shipping charges to zero.  He hasn't paid, I asked him why and he said because I haven't removed the shipping charges yet.  What else should I do?

Send him another invoice.

Do not press the recalculate button after entering the 0.00 for shipping (recalculate is "ebay talk" meaning reset to original values).

Then send him an email saying you have sent another invoice with the free shipping (and for him to pay using the link on that invoice).

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you sent an invoice through eBay do NOT click on recalculate. Just adjust the shipping and click on preview invoice then on Send. I've never figured out the reason for the recalculate, it just changes everything back to the original amounts.

guess I'm going over to the slow typing corner.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply