How can I safely ship pierced earrings without damage to posts. Do you use bubble envelopes or do I need to ship in box?

I want to sell jewellery..Flat stuff can go in bubble envelopes but I am concerned about the studs on pierced earrings getting bent.  What is least expensive but suitable way to ship?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How can I safely ship pierced earrings without damage to posts. Do you use bubble envelopes or do I need to ship in box?

Bubble mailer for sure... A box for such a small item would be overkill.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

oskye
Community Member

I HAVE received earrings that were shipped "naked", and the posts DID poke through. You need to wrap them.

Bubble should be fine to ship - depending on how thick the item is on the stud.  As above, a box shouldn't normally be necessary, but you do need to wrap them in something - depending on its fragility (and how much you trust the posties not to dance on it).  That might make it too thick for the lowest shipping price.

Just a thought (I haven't actually tried it), but you could embed the posts in a sheet of cardboard or styrofoam - just thick enough to fully accommodate the posts - so they won't pierce through the envelope.

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply