How can i track down my order and is there any email address of toll free number i can call ebay

llard-0
Community Member
Hi
Iam Mary antonette, just wondering how can I follow up my order. The item number is 161759392895, it is tail light for jeep wrangler. Ive been waiting for the tracking number but until now I havent receive anything yet. Thanks
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can i track down my order and is there any email address of toll free number i can call ebay

Hi Mary Antonette.

This is a member to member Board which is not visited by eBay staff. Just us busybodies posters.

You should probably try to remove your email from your post because: scammers.

Don't worry about not having a tracking numbers.

Many sellers of inexpensive items don't use them, especially internationally, because the price of tracking is so high.

This is NOT a problem.

Tracking is for the benefit of the SELLER. It prevents dishonest buyers from filing fake Item Not Received disputes because the tracking number that shows delivery will win the Dispute for the Seller.

You are protected by eBay and Paypal's Buyer Protection programs. If you were wise enough to back your PP account with a credit card you have a third level of protection from the card's chargeback program.

But you are worried.

Has it been more than 20 days since you ordered from a US or Canadian seller?

Did the  US seller use the Global Shipping Program?

From the transaction number I understand that the seller is in the USA, that you ordered on Nov. 7 , and he did not use the GSP.

Now.

He probably didn't actually ship until Monday the 9th, so your lamp has been in transit for 5 days. Even eBay's wildly optimistic delivery estimates allow 11 days.

If the item has not arrived by then, use Contact Seller and ask for the date and service shipped, and for the tracking number. Again don't worry if there is no tracking.  Only ask once. Politely.

If you haven't received the lamp by Day 20, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (which is the whole, entire and only use for tracking) he will be forced to refund you in full.

I would have been wary of this seller because of his poor feedback. He has over 300 negative and neutral FB (to be fair, he has over 18,000 positive FB) But the main complaint seems to be quality rather than non-delivery.

In future, on eBay any FB percentage under 99% should be looked at carefully. And anything under 95% is very bad indeed.

Finally, if you don't get many mail parcels, if you are not home when Canada Post calls, they will leave a notice telling you where and when it can be picked up.

Usually it will be the next day, at your local postal outlet. Bring photo ID with an address. And it doesn't have to be you, anyone at your address with appropriate ID can sign for your parcel.

Whoever picks up the parcel, there will likely be sales tax and a $10 service fee charged. Any import over $20 (~$15USD) may be assessed for duty (this is likely a NAFTA item and free from duty) and taxes (yes, even on used goods). If the item is assessed there will be a service charge.  CBSA and Canada Post don't always bother with this, however, you should be prepared.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply