How can we complaint about a seller who decided to change his mind and NOT sell the item ?

Hi guys,

I'm wondering how to contact Ebay to let them know that one seller is not all the five stars he deserves! The seller I was dealing with actually decided to cancel my transaction because he wasn't satisfied of the bidding price I got the item for.

Do you know what I can do to prevent him from staying a recommanded seller?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How can we complaint about a seller who decided to change his mind and NOT sell the item ?

You mean your seller told you he decided to cancel your transaction because he wasn't satisfied with the bidding price?  That's really annoying but not all that unusual.  Your seller obviously has a lot to learn about listing items at a price that he'll be happy to accept.  If you were hoping to get him punted off eBay for disappointing you, you will be doubly disappointed.  If you still have the option to leave feedback you can always do that.  You can report him for a nonperforming seller.  That's about it. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

By cancelling the transaction, he actually removed my oppportunity of giving him any bad comments.  So hell, i'll just stop doing business with ebay if that's a common thing.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

When a seller initiates a cancellation, they do receive a defect from eBay. A seller is only allowed a certain number of defects.  

Unfortunately, situations like this do happen although I think that they are less common than they used to be.  Rather than avoid buying here, you could avoid auctions and purchase from sellers who use the buy it now option.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply