How do I email ebay when the item I purchased has been archived?

Hi there,

I'm trying to email ebay about a member who I purchased $40 worth of product from back in November.  I am simply trying to report the seller, as I am past the 45 days to make a complaint via the resolution centre.  But everything takes me back to having to choose a product number first...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't recall ever saying I don't beleive it...I am pretty certain that I noted I have accepted my loss, and have learned from the experience. No need to be condescending, dear.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you checked your transaction history in PayPal for the item and listing number?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Forget eBay and Paypal.

If you want your money back you are waaay past the deadline for complaints.

Go instead to the credit card you actually paid from. PP mediates the payment and keeps your financial information private, but they just pass the money through.

Credit cards have longer dispute periods.

There is a 1-800 Customer Service number on the card or on your monthly bill. Call and ask about a chargeback.

Do this immediately. Cards have longer deadlines, but they do have deadlines.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I've emailed PP already....again past the deadline....but emailed them anyway, and they haven't even responded.  The 45 days is too short of a time frame IMO, especially when purchasing from China....it should be longer....

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I didn't use a cc....just PP...now I am just looking for an email addy for eBay to report the seller, as I maintained contact with them.  Its no longer about getting anything resolved, but just to bring the seller's actions to eBays attention for future issues.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

If you want your money back, ignore  Paypal and go to the credit card you actually paid from. PP is just the processor. They do a good job of mediating during their 45 day dispute period, but they are not the final appeal.

Your credit card will ahve  a1-800 number. Call and ask about a chargeback.

Most items from China that have actually been sent, will arrive within 30 days. There is no reason to wait beyond 40 days to file a dispute.

The best method to bring poor performance to eBay's attention is by leaving appropriate feedback. At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal Rating is Five Stars.. The LOWEST Rating is ONE Star. No rating is a free pass.

If a Seller's rating drops below 4.3, his ability to list and sell on eBay is severely restricted. He may even be removed from the site.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I didn't use a credit card...but thanks for the info

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@butterflypeaches wrote:

I've emailed PP already....again past the deadline....but emailed them anyway, and they haven't even responded.  The 45 days is too short of a time frame IMO, especially when purchasing from China....it should be longer....

If you were emailing PayPal for the transaction details, you don't need to do that.  You just need to log into your PayPal account and look up your history of payments.

As for the timeframe for filing claims, keep in mind that there's two stages.  The first stage involves filing a dispute.  There's a cooling off period between that and filing the actual claim of non-delivery.  Things have changed a bit with the timeframe for filing disputes and claims, but for your item you could have waited nine weeks  (44 days to file dispute plus 19 days to escalate the dispute to a claim) to file a claim.  That's over two months.  Plenty of time for the item to arrive.

Also keep in mind that if you should receive your item after your money has been returned, it's simply a matter of paying your seller again.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I wasn't emailing them for details of the transaction, I was emailing with the issue I am/was having.

To date, I have neither received my item or a refund from the seller, even though they have stated they have sent the item twice, and just stated they sent the refund via papal...(and provided me with a false Paypal transaction number)

I've accepted I'm out my money...which sucks, because I was REALLY excited for my purchase for my kids.  Oh well c'est la vie.  My communications now with PayPal and eBay, are just to hopefully help that this doesn't happen to someone else.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

My understanding is that filing a dispute/claim is the way to bring the issue to eBay's attention, even if you're outside of the time window in which you're likely to be successful should you pursue this route.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I've emailed PP already....again past the deadline....but emailed them anyway, and they haven't even responded.

By ignoring the system for disputing transactions and making up your own system, you shot yourself in the foot. Both eBay and Paypal have Customer Support and Resolution Centre buttons on every page. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Well 1: I didn't ignore it, I unfortunately didn't realize I only had 45 days and misunderstood the process.  2: I didn't shoot myself in the foot, nor did I make up my own process....

eBay and PayPal have both been very helpful since this is the first (and hopefully the last) time I've ever had an issue.  So just because one misses the formal 45 days etc, doesn't mean that communication can't still take place.  Not that i am saying people should do this, but for first time disputers like myself, to know that I was still able to bring the seller to their attention, even though my "claim" was a lost cause, was/is good enough for me.

I learned a lot having missed the 45 days, and while I wish I didn't miss it, I am glad that I had a great learning opportunity. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

With that being said, the seller wants me to take a screenshot of my email address to send a refund....they should be able to do that via PayPal even though I sent my payment in October correct?  I don't need to, or shouldn't have to send a screen shot?  That seems shady to me....

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Yes, dear. They are crooks. They are stringing you along. You will never see your money, because you didn't follow the process. And they know it even if you refuse to believe it.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I don't recall ever saying I don't beleive it...I am pretty certain that I noted I have accepted my loss, and have learned from the experience. No need to be condescending, dear.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

what you need to do is CALL eBay and keep calling them until you get someone that can do something. they will be able to give you your money back all you have to do is explain what happened with which seller then say that they made sure to wait past the deadline before trying to fix this problem so you couldn't do anything about it!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

@briar_rose_pixie17 wrote:

what you need to do is CALL eBay and keep calling them until you get someone that can do something. they will be able to give you your money back all you have to do is explain what happened with which seller then say that they made sure to wait past the deadline before trying to fix this problem so you couldn't do anything about it!

Perhaps. Generally, they do follow the guidelines given for buyer protection although sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply