How do I enter a negative comment to a seller who won't cooperate tracking a lost item.

I paid $14 just for shipping to seller, for a $38 item.

It was supposed to have been delivered, but I never got it.

She claims there was no insurance on the package. Really, at $14 for a package that wd weigh about 2 ounces?

As far as I know, the customs in Florida may still have it, or  lost it, but claim it was delivered to avoid trouble.

Why wd it go through customs twice anyway?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How do I enter a negative comment to a seller who won't cooperate tracking a lost item.

If you haven't received the item then file an unpaid item claim.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'henry',

When did you buy the item?  Is it shipped with that Global Shipping Program?

You have 45 days to file a claim for an Item Not Received.  Have a read through the above

link posted by PJ.

As you have already contacted your seller with disappointing results, then if you still have

no item by about day 40 you will want to open a claim.

If the item is coming from the US, it should have arrived well before then.  However, if it is

being shipped with that GSP, that system is so fraught with problems, who knows when it will

arrive.  On the bright side, though, it is sure to show up eventually.

Assuming the item is coming through the postal system, you can see when it arrives in Canada

by entering the tracking number here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

No one can claim it was delivered unless the tracking number indicates that it was.  It is what

the Resolution process calls Delivery Confirmation.  It is the last entry on a trackable item's journey,

when it does indeed say "Delivered".  It's not something that will be 'faked' or lied about.

Now that bit about there being no insurance, - her saying that can only be to discourage you

from doing anything about it.  Her words are meaningless, - as you will see from the link posted

above.  If you file a claim for an Item Not Received, the seller will need to prove it arrived or

you will be refunded.

That means if it was shipped via GSP the item will show up eventually and you will not likely be refunded.

You have a very low feedback, however, and there are sellers who will not send the item and then

delay you past Day 45 when you can do nothing about it.  Don't let that happen to you.

And you have 60 days in which to leave feedback.  Think carefully before leaving feedback,

because anything you say about the other person will always say far more about yourself.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@dmil8030 wrote:

You have a very low feedback, however, and there are sellers who will not send the item and then

delay you past Day 45 when you can do nothing about it.  Don't let that happen to you. 

Yes, this is another reason why I like proper tracking to give me some assurance the item has really been shipped.

Like Henry , I am another buyer with a low feedback showing , 49, and may be a target for scamming sellers.

I recently left a negative for a seller, first time ever. I didn't like to do it , but unsuspecting buyers might need a warning. 

Interestingly, the other 7 negative and neutral feedback for this particular seller, with about 1300 FB for 12 months, was from buyers with about 100 or less FB.

Item # 171132773003

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@henry-degra wrote:

As far as I know, the customs in Florida may still have it, or  lost it, but claim it was delivered to avoid trouble.

Why wd it go through customs twice anyway?

The item ID number might help ?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@chimera148 wrote:

@dmil8030 wrote:

delay you past Day 45 when you can do nothing about it.  Don't let that happen to you. 

Yes, this is another reason why I like proper tracking to give me some assurance the item has really been shipped.

Like Henry , I am another buyer with a low feedback showing , 49, and may be a target for scamming sellers.

I recently left a negative for a seller, first time ever. I didn't like to do it , but unsuspecting buyers might need a warning. 

Interestingly, the other 7 negative and neutral feedback for this particular seller, with about 1300 FB for 12 months, was from buyers with about 100 or less FB.

Item # 171132773003

In retrospect, I likely should have stayed away from this seller due to their low DSRs on ''Item as described" in comparison to their other DSRs.

Wasted time, hopefully lesson learned.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply