How do I get my listing prices to show in U.S. funds when I am selling from eBay.ca

I am currently trying to list some items from eBay.ca and want the listings to start in a couple of days.  The listings are showing that the auction starting prices are in Canadian funds.  How do I change  the starting prices to U.S. funds.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do I get my listing prices to show in U.S. funds when I am selling from eBay.ca

You cannot list in USD on ebay dot ca anymore. You will have to login to ebay dot com and list your items from there to get USD ... ebay shipping calculator gets a little tricky though ...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@orangecanary wrote:

I am currently trying to list some items from eBay.ca and want the listings to start in a couple of days.  The listings are showing that the auction starting prices are in Canadian funds.  How do I change  the starting prices to U.S. funds.

You have to list on eBay.COM to get US$ -- the option to do on ebay.CA was phased out this summer. It was a part of the Spring 2016 announcements.

If you are non-store seller you get 50 free listings every month on both eBay.CA and on eBay.COM

The main difference between the two is that you can not use calculated shipping on .COM -- it has to be a flat rate (that's because Canada Post is not an eBay.COM shipping option -- you must use a generic flat rate option).

Here's the shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada)

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you
select plus can have "Require buyers to contact you for international
shipping costs" as a choice. This last International option allows the
potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country.

-.-

A Canadian seller can still buy discounted shipping through PayPal from Canada Post.

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

to list in US dollars you have to list on ebay.com. ebay.ca listings have to be in Canadian dollars

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

just list in canadian dollars on ebay.ca, listings show in us dollars on ebay.com

Message 5 of 5
latest reply