Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Latest Announcement - New DSR Minimums

"Updated Seller Standards - Minimum DSRs: eBay.com is instituting a new minimum Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) requirement, as a way to further improve the customer experience for everyone on eBay. As of November 1, 2008, sellers will need at least a 4...

WARNING: new maximum shipping charges for MEDIA listings on eBay .com

they are pretty laughable for Canadian based sellers listing on ebay.com and shipping to the USA. eg. a MAXIMUM of $4.00 for a single LP record weighing less than 500G. ACTUAL insured small packet postage through CPC is $7.20 for SURFACE or $8.55 for...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Miriam - Questions re Recent Changes

Could you please clarify some issues around the recent changes announced today. 1. Are we still allowed to offer Money Orders as a payment method on our .ca listings? 2. If yes, will this impact whether they are displayed on .com? 3. If the answer to...

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

100% Feed Back is Back...but

Hi Everyone! I see that they have changed the feed back so the neutrals do not count any more. But do the negatives not count any more. I was just on some one's site, found some things I wanted and checked their feed back. They have 100% feed back wi...

New Item Page is Testing Now

Hi Everyone, Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding the NEW ITEM PAGE that eBay is testing now. If you click on one of your listings and then look near the top there should be a button so that you can switch to the NEW LOOK and switch back a...

Why do we need to pay extra for CO.UK visibility ???

I just run to this page: http://pages.ebay.ca/education/started/Canada.html Quoting: When you list your items on eBay.ca, your listing will appear on the eBay site of every country to which you’ve chosen to ship.

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Link to 8/20 Announcements Discussion Forum

Here is a link to a workshop being hosted by eBay to discuss the new changes. While this is on the .com site, both may prove informative for .ca users as well. Susan momoftwingles2 http://workshops.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=14000000003 Welcome to t...

Feedback bug

When trying to leave a buyer feedback yesterday, the message "feedback already left or item not found" came up. After contacting eBay four times via email, I just received a message from them this morning stating that there is indeed a bug in the fee...

Auction Bytes: eBay Makes Major Changes to Fixed Price Fees

You can look here for the information about the new fee structure on eBay.com per Ina Steiner of Auction Bytes. http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2008/8/1219204794.html I realize that all of the information that I've posted is for...

Auction Bytes: eBay Changes Fees for Fixed-Price Media Listings

eBay announced major changes overnight, including a significant change to the BIN Fixed-Price format. The company created special fees for fixed-price listings in the media category and extended the duration from 7 days standard to 30 days. Insertion...

Have you gone the Extra Mile? & What was it?

Just Curious on How many of you sellers have gone the Extra Mile To A Buyer And what was it? Here are Just a Few of Mine in The last year 1: Buyer in California Needed a Buckle in 2 days for His Mothers Birthday 1:A) I Shipped the item by UPS Express...

CANADA POST PEICE OF GARBAGE NEW WEBSITE NOT WORKING !

Canada post has caused me nothing but grief . Ever since they launched there new site there shipping (Est) has been horridly slow . I mean 1 label every 10 min Slow ! anyone else having problems Creating labels directly thur Canada post EST ? There d...

DSR down again ( not to mention eBay 's screw) I just HAVE TO Retaliate

eBay has been misleading customers to think that 4 stars means you are happy with the sale. Then penalizes the seller who is not above 4.6 Stars here is what a '3stars' rating in shipping cost means and I quote : Neither Unreasonable nor Reasonable O...

Paypal hold the money of a transaction for investigation

Hi, One of my item (260258863082) was purchased by a buyer 2 days ago, he paid instantly. Yesterday I received an email from Paypal saids they need to investigate this transaction. Therefore, the money is on hold now. I haven't ship it yet. Did anyon...

Newbie Powerseller with Dispute question

Hi All, Hoping to get some help on a sticky situation. I sold a phone a couple on the 10th of Aug shipped on Monday the 11th and the buyer is in Quebec. They have not received this package as yet and the tracking number has not been updated by Canada...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Math

I just noticed my discount level dropped from 15% to 5% yesterday. Interestingly it happened aprox. at the time when invoice is being calculated. Aparently, we fail to qualify to 15% in shipping time category because we have 4.79%. This month, the 10...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

CHARGEBACK dispute

I love it when you get a chargeback claim, paypal doesn't get in touch with you about it. If I didn't go to my paypal account to check up on something else I would have missed it. New ebayer said he did buy the item - of course it would have to be a ...

Does This Looks Like a Scam

First time posting here, but the email from this customer on a laptop that they purchased from me seems like they are using another credit card and will file a chargeback eventually for an unauthorized transaction. See what you think and provide me w...

eBay ruined my business X-( :_| X-( :_| X-( :_|

July last year I sold 356 baby slings This year I sold 7 !!!!! SEVEN!!!!! And yes! I blame eBay for this! With all your STUPID changes and "improvements" YOU RUINED MY BUSINESS !!!!!! My eBay store is not for fun... me and my family depend on it... I...

Buy It Now price - Please enter a Buy It Now price of US $0.99 or more.

eBay NEW DICTIONARY DEFINITION- US $0.99 or more = $1.oo OR MORE WHEN LISTING AN ITEM on eBay.COM- eBay states: "Buy It Now price - Please enter a Buy It Now price of US $0.99 or more." AFTER LISTING WAS REMOVED- the following e-mail arrives: "The li...

Pierre- this one's for you- a recent STAMP purchase related experience.

I recently purchased TWO identical STAMP items in a MULTIPLE item auction, from another stamp dealer. (SEVEN day auction- TWO stamp PAIRS offered) I immediately pay for BOTH ITEMS, including shipping to Canada- and receive the following message: "Tha...

Wall Street Journal: Major Gripes Of Ebay Sellers

WSJ: Four Big Gripes of eBay Sellers Some eBay sellers aren’t happy campers these days — so much that some are flocking to other online auction sites. Sellers complain the site is increasingly punishing small-scale sellers while catering to larger me...

5 cents listing fee error! Heads Up!

just listed the following item and ebay charged me $2.14 instead of 5 cents, better check your own record! ------------------------------------------------------------- 13-Aug-08 14:57:40 EDT Item title not available. View item Insertion fee of US $2...

ANY ONE ELSE'S FEEDBACK ALL OF A SUDDEN MESSED UP?

Ok now this is very strange. Yesterday I had a feedback of 98.0% and today I have a feedback of 97.8%. The strange part is I received new positive feedbacks and no new neutral or negative feedbacks. Now how the hec did my feedback go down then when I...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.