How do I get reimbursed for returning an item to seller and which seller wont reimburse the shipping

Hello, I returned an item to seller because the item was not as described. Seller  asked me to return the item and he would reimburse me the item but not the transport. The problem, is that transport with a tracking number cost a lot in Canada (50$). Seller wont pay for the returning transport. How do I get reimbursed for this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How do I get reimbursed for returning an item to seller and which seller wont reimburse the shipping

Sellers are not required to pay return shipping (unless they have stated they will).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

In hindsight, you should have explained the cost of reshipment to the seller and come to an understanding of how much he was willing to pay of the return.

At this point, since he is probably in shock at the actual cost, I would suggest giving him a link to the applicable part of canadapost.ca so he can see that you are not yanking his chain.

Then suggest splitting the dirrerence.

Keep in mind, that while reimbursing return postage is a Best Practice, especially if the error was the seller's, the Standard Practice follows Paypal's policy which is that the buyer covers return postage.

Keep it friendly. Angry words will not be helpful.

Politely. --- Captain Mal Reynolds

Message 3 of 3
latest reply