How do I know a seller has shipped my item with the GSP? Screenshots inside post

Hello kind eBay community!  

I have an item over due to Canada, shipped from the US using the GSP.  The first screenshot shows an item purchased/won and payed for on September 20th.  It's over due now and the seller hasn't replied in the 24 hours since I asked if this was actually shipped.  That's the problem, I can't tell if it was shipped.  Does this info indicate that it was?  Or, that it's in transit?  It doesn't appear to be but it's not obvious to me.  

The second screenshot is of a purchase made and paid for after the first (Oct 5) and there's clearly stuff going on.  I'll post the second shot in a reply since I can't add two to this post.

I edited the tracking #s for privacy's sake.  The shipment in question's # yields not info either way.  The "see full tracking" link is greyed out as well.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How do I know a seller has shipped my item with the GSP? Screenshots inside post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: How do I know a seller has shipped my item with the GSP? Screenshots inside post

Your second image shows that as of yesterday the item was in Mississauga.

Since ALL GSP items must be shipped with Confirmation of Delivery, the fact that you can see anything is basically good enough.

Now, to be more complicated, the Confirmation is the cheap USPS tracking that shows it went to the GSP plant in KY. From there it is not as publicly tracked, but for all its many and manifold faults, the GSP does get stuff to the buyer quite reliably.

If an item has not arrived within 20 days of payment from a North American* seller, while it is polite to notify her, your main help will be opening an Item Not Received Dispute through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of the page. If it is a GSP item, mention that in the Dispute.

If you are in the Toronto area, you should see the purchase today or tomorrow. Monday at the latest. This is not the seller's fault, the PO is way too optimistic about delivery times.

The seller is lax about communicating with an unhappy customer. You can use the DSRs to note this.

*For Asia, 30 days. For European sellers, who tend to use Air Mail, 15 days.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

the second ss shows a separate auction, it's an example of actual information about a shipment made through the GPS. I know what to do if my item doesn't show up. The first image is about the item in question. There is no information at all, the tracking info box is greyed out. By showing the second ss, my point is that an item purchased after the first's tracking is indeed showing information and movement.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I fear my question and post are confusing.

The second screenshot isn't part of my question, the first screenshot is about the item and shipment in question.

With the first screenshot and item, there's no information on the shipment given - no movement or "in transit" info, only a GPS tracking # and the "see full tracking history" isn't clickable, it's greyed out. I'm wondering if shipping was purchased but that the package was not actually dropped off or sent. It's just odd and I'm trying to figure out what it means. I'm thinking it was never actually shipped and I will need to watch the days and indeed file a Not Received claim.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ignore tracking.

The sole only and unique purpose of tracking is to protect the seller from false claims of non-delivery.

If the item has been more than 20 days without being delivered, go to the Resolution Centre, open an Item Not Recieved Dispute and tell the bots that it is a GSP item.

If GSP has no Proof of Delivery-- not shipping, that is not relevant-- then you will be refunded promptly and in full.

If the item shows up after that, you do have a dilemma, since you can't ethically keep something you didn't pay for and GSP doesn't have any interest in getting it back. I suggest donating it or the money to a charity.

A few points, usually when the item reaches the GSP plant in Kentucky, USPS and eBay tell the buyer. This is confusing to most since they are being told something is delivered, but they don't have it.

The GSP does track everything for their own internal systems. This is not particularly visible to the public and again is often confusing.

KISS

20 days

Resolution Centre

Item Not Received Dispute.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I am "keeping it simple".  I was simply wondering if any has seen this before with the GSP and what it might mean.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I was simply wondering if any has seen this before with the GSP and what it might mean.

It seems to be fairly common though people usually only post  when something goes wrong.

I think it safe to say it means nothing. The item will turn up or it won't turn up. In the latter case you have recourse.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

thanks afantiques!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Just an FYI - the seller never responded and PayPal refunded my payment so, it seems to me like the seller never shipped.  Looks like another buyer from this seller experienced the same problem I did. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply