How do I know that a buyer isn't bidding on his own listing, or has a Friend bidding it up higher?

The following item I have now purchased: 3X GARCINIA CAMBOGIA 1800 Extract 70% HCA DR-OZ WEIGHTLOSS DIET 3 Month Supply

However, I am suspicious of this Seller, as the bid starts low, and always seems to bid right up to a buyers maximum bid.  The bidding is done as follows, and always as I said before ends with a Seller's maximum bid.  I didn't win the day before, but yesterday won it for $21.50.  I really feel this needs to be looked into, as it never shows any other buyers bids except this private listing.  

private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $4.8010-Apr-14 08:34:30 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $4.5510-Apr-14 08:40:39 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $4.0510-Apr-14 08:40:21 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $3.5509-Apr-14 11:51:17 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $3.3009-Apr-14 11:22:14 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $3.2509-Apr-14 11:51:09 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $2.7509-Apr-14 11:51:02 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $2.2509-Apr-14 11:50:56 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $1.7508-Apr-14 00:14:55 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $1.2507-Apr-14 12:58:46 EDT
  private listing - bidders' identities protected   US $1.0007-Apr-14 08:43:28 EDT

Starting Price

US $1.0007-Apr-14 01:27:28 EDT
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How do I know that a buyer isn't bidding on his own listing, or has a Friend bidding it up higher?

it never shows any other buyers bids except this private listing.  

The seller has set up a private auction and everybody's bid shows up as

private listing.

There could be 10 different bidders in that auction.

The only name you will see is your own,  Just as the

other bidders will only see their own.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

as the bid starts low, and always seems to bid right up to a buyers maximum bid.

Are you the winning bidder?

Unless you are, you don't know the winner's maximum bid. He could be bidding $100 and still winning at $4.80 because the underbidder decides the winning bid, by stopping bidding.

When there is a shill bidder involved, he will retract his last bid when it looks like he is going to win. The retraction is the clue that shilling is involved.

Of course it would be worth your while to check out this bogus product on the Health Canada and other professional websites, including those that have fraudulent payment plans attached. You did know this is a scam product with no testing, including testing for purity, behind it, right?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Of course it would be worth your while to check out this bogus product on the Health Canada and other professional websites, including those that have fraudulent payment plans attached. You did know this is a scam product with no testing, including testing for purity, behind it, right?

Amen to that.

Just eat less and take some exercise.  All free.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Customs may not even let that through, where was it manufactured?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

did we get a straight answer to the question?... how do we know if seller is or isn't bidding on their own sale to the buyers maximum

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

There is no way of knowing for certain that a seller isn't bidding on their own listing although it isn't allowed.

As far as bidding it up to a buyer's maximum..a seller has no idea what that maximum is.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Nor does any buyer except the winning buyer.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply