How do I not include the cost to mail when printing shipping labels (Paypal/Canada Post)?

How do I not include the cost to mail when printing shipping labels (Paypal/Canada Post)?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the label is domestic, it won't show.

If the label is foreign, it must show. The reason is that postage plus value of goods contained therein are used to calculate duty and taxes for the buyer. You, as the seller, cannot opt out. It is required for customs.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you located in the USA? Your item location is shown as USA and all your listings show GSP. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mystevestack wrote:

The latest PayPal update for Canada Post shipping does not hide the ship cost for international labels.

Canada Post online still allows you to print labels with the shipping cost hidden (it's one of the options).

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Doesn't a hidden shipping cost delay customs clearance if the agent has to look up the value of postage themselves?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

mjwl2006: Doesn't a hidden shipping cost delay customs clearance if the agent has to look up the value of postage themselves?

I don't know, but not for my top two external markets: the USA exemption is now at $800 and the Aussies are at $1000. So not a problem for them. Those countries that do care, will probably ask when the person comes to pick it up (since most countries are still like Canada in the 1970's, go to the local customs office to pay your fees and pick up the item).
Message 6 of 6
latest reply