How do I sign in as a guest to track my order?

shar928
Community Member

I cannot sign in anywhere as a guest to track my order. If this is an example of you set up, It seems to me that joining eBay would be too frustrating to be worth the effort to use it.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I sign in as a guest to track my order?

I agree that the Guest system is a mess.

However, there is no need for you to track your item.

I does feel good, but it is a Seller Protection and neither moves the purchase faster nor protects it against damage in transit.

Did eBay give you a Last Estimated Date for delivery?

That is important for Disputes.

Bu let's step back a moment.

Many sellers especially of inexpensive items, do not use expensive tracking.

I sent an item today untracked that cost me $1.20 in postage. If I had tracked it, it would have cost me over $12. And that's in Canada.

I allow 20 days from payment for delivery from North America and 30 days from Asia.

If you didn't use Paypal to pay (which is fast and simple and anonymizes your financial information) then after Day 20/30 call the 1-800 number on your credit card and open a chargeback.

The PP Buyer Protection is easier to use and faster, but most guest buyers don't have an account set up yet. If you did use PP, come bck to this thread and Reply.  We can guide you through the simple steps.

With PP if the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply