Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Big thumbs up to PS phone support

Although it turns out I've had access to the phone number for quite a while I never called until just now - mostly because I didn't know about it. After getting extremely frustrated dealing with the folks @ "email PS support" regarding the dual curre...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone use HyperWallet?

Some months ago I had a buyer ask if they could pay me using HyperWallet - the Canadian answer to PayPal. Well it was free to sign up, no cost to me to accept the "beamed" cash, so I signed up and that payment went smoothly enough that I figured I wo...

Coming Soon - Canada Post Shipping Discounts for PowerSellers

Greetings PowerSellers Earlier this week, we sent out the first Canadian PowerSellers Newsletter. I hope you received your copy in your email account. If you did not, be sure to set your preferences to "y" in my eBay for promotional messages. In this...

Canada Post discount? THINK AGAIN

I am so frustrated right now. As mentioned in an earlier posting, I shipped a 1.3kg parcel (shoebox size) and freight was to be $16.85 but on my billing it was adjusted to 26.77kg and billing for the shipment was adjusted to $96.50. My rep said there...

Can you geta Refund for a returned item?

Hi Can you get a listing refund and final value fee refund if an item was returned because something was wrong with it? and where do you go to get it back Thanks

Collecting applicable sales taxes

Since I am new to this board I'll post this question. We've been selling on ebay for a while but since we are a registered legitamite business we are obligated to collect GST and PST. We run a marquee on our auctions stating that yet every week we ge...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

International Surface Mail Qn

I was under the impression that international surface mail (with the exception of Small Packets) was no longer available to Europe (and areas you can send something express post international). I just spoke with CP and they said they thought that but...

How are Canadians handling the EXCHANGE RATE DROP ??

I remember almost 2 years ago the exchange rate was 1.59, those were the good days. Today the exchange is @ 1.317 How is everyone handling this? I am getting killed with the exchange difference when I convert and I just don't lose $50 or $100, its mo...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Checkout is even WORSE & confusing buyers!!!!

Ok, ebay, LET US OPT OUT OF HAVING "CHEKCOUT ON OUR AUCTIONS!! Now my customers are extra frustrated, because they are mailing payments (for my auctions that state what the shipping is) before we are able to get our personally emailed invoice to them...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

US POST OFFICE SHIPPING

I regularly drive to Odgenburg NY Post office about 45 minutes from me if I have alot of (bigger)parcels to ship. It's incredibile the savings using the US post Office system. The savings more than pays for the gas getting there. (plus I fill up on c...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Discount Qn

I know I get discounts for shipping within Canada with my account but are there discounts for the US and internationally? I was always under the impression that there were not.

For Canadians who want to have a U.S. Account.

Early last year I opened up an account with TD Waterhouse bank (tdwaterhousebank.com). They offer a checking account for Canadians. The cost is something like $7.00 or $9.00 a month so it certainly is not for everyone but here are the advantages: 1)N...

Just curious as to what all of you would do in this case.

Back in June (25th to be exact) I had an auction for a dvd end. On 26th June I mailed the dvd as she had paid with Paypal. On 15th July she emailed me and said she'd not received the item and was concerned and was there any way I could track it. This...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

On the Road - British Columbia

Hi all, I just got this info from Moira on the "On The Road" board -- the dates for BC are: 1) Victoria: Wednesday, October 29th, 2003 Harbour Towers Hotel and Suites 345 Quebec Street Victoria, BC V8V 1W4 Tel: 250-385-2405 www.harbourtowers.com 2) K...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

10-15% off at Canada Post!

Well i have to admit that i am completely excited to see this happen - it was announced in the first "canadian power sellers e-mail update" that i just received. I'm wondering if it will be a card we take into the post office, or if we will have to s...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Should I credit shipping

Hi, all. I shipped a ladder off and this is my first damaged item. I have shipped about 24 of these and never had any problems. i was going to credit the items of shipping, but she wants the shipping credited too? Do you think I should credit shippin...

Credit Card Advice Requested!

Can anyone tell me if any of the Canadian banks have a US$ credit card available? Profit margins are thin enough already without losing twice on currency exchange every time I sell something. I source virtually all of my stuff in the US, so I pay in ...

Gift v. Merchandise on Customs Sticker ~Pros & Cons~

I would love to know what the consensus is on marking gift versus merchandise on the customs sticker for non-businesses on Ebay. I realize that different factors apply to businesses. Personally, I find it very hard to mark 'merchandise' on USED goods...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal's Great!!! If you are in the U.S. BEWARE!!!!

Good Day Power Sellers. I have been selling for a couple years now and have had my share of problems,mostly with Paypal.It is great to get that payment right away through them but there are also some problems that happen using this service as well th...

Buy Now - Pay Now Feature... does this work???

I've been trying without any luck to list auctions using the new Buy-Now Pay-Now feature that is supposed to be available. This is supposed to alleviate the NPB problem with buy-it-nows. There's even a help page for this http://pages.ebay.com/help//i...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Silly Little Nit-Picky Stuff

Since I'm getting things off my chest, here's another one! How do you handle those once in a while situations where the buyer short pays by a dollar or so? I just had one today on a $230 item he was $1 short! It's no big deal, it just upsets the bala...

Shipping Insurance

Hi all! We have had too many items arrive at their US destination broken by the Post Office and are haveng unhappy buyers. Canada Post, as you know, don't insure for breakage of fragile items and I've been refunding for these broken things myself so ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

So are any negs due to shipping?

I'm sure that most of use have a neg or two. How many are due to shipping times to the US? I know most of mine are due to parcels getting delayed in limbo some place. On the neg note, how many people that leave negs contact you before they leave it?

Business license for EBAY?

I am a new powerseller and wanted to expand my business on ebay .. so call me an amateur but I would like to know how I can get a business license for selling on EBAY and if there are any conditions or requirements? Any comments will be appreciated.....

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

PS Canada eh? Congratulations!

As a total PS discussion board addict, I am thrilled that I can now be a click away from another Power Seller discussion outlet. I have been a regular contributor to PS ebay.com and I have tried give a Canadian perspective on lots of issues. It usual...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.