How do I stop buyers from paying for their item before I have a chance to send them a correct invoic

I have an issue where a buyer will win and item, and then automatically pay for it based on the price + posted shipping.  They are not including the necessary sales tax.   The payment is received and processed (without the taxes owed) before I have the chance to send them a correct invoice.  

I have the use of tax tables enabled and they are properly filled out. 

eBay CSR response is to include a request on each listing that buyers do not pay until an invoice is sent.   This seems ridiculous to me.  A lot of time wasted and no way of ensuring that the buyer does not pay in advance of a correct invoice. 

There must be a way to either A:  not accept payments until a correct invoice is sent.   or B:  have the tax table information that I have set up included to the sales record for those buyers to whom the taxes apply. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How do I stop buyers from paying for their item before I have a chance to send them a correct invoic

You need to set up Preferences at your personal ebay page. When a buyer views your items, your tax rates will be shown on the item page.

Using a tax table

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/checkout-tax-table.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

" They are not including the necessary sales tax. "

How is a buyer supposed to know they are to pay taxes if it isn't mentioned anywhere in your listing?

"eBay CSR response is to include a request on each listing that buyers do not pay until an invoice is sent.   This seems ridiculous to me.  "

Again, how are the buyers supposed to know that they need to pay taxes? What's ridiculous to me is that you think buyers are supposed to be mind readers. If you want buyers to pay taxes, you must include it in your listings.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply