How do we stop sellers from increasing shipping charges?

Twice I have agreed to sale only to be charged additional shipping charges?? I do not understand why?? These sellers are not monitored? One recently states 'free shipping' and now it is showing $ 16.00 + I do not understand???

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do we stop sellers from increasing shipping charges?

If you give the listing numbers we can take a look at this.

The usual answer, when there is an experienced,honest seller, is that the Free Shipping was for domestic customers. That is, if you wer looking at a US seller's listing, he might be offering FreeShipping to US customers, but charging foreign customers like us Canadians.

Occasionally we see this with honest but inexperienced sellers, who panic when they find out how much shipping actually will be. It can be a shock to discover that the National Package Rate with Canada Post can mean paying $12 to ship a paperback book.

Finally, it is possible, and I don't feel on firm ground here, that what you are seeing is the Global Shipping Program, which US sellers are being encouraged to use. The fee you are seeing may not actually be postage (which with so-called Free Shipping is actually included in the asking price) but Canadian duty and sales tax plus a $5 service fee to Pitney Bowes which runs the program for eBay.

Your first step should be to contact the seller and ask why this happened. Let us know.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply