How does a .COM cdn seller recieve .CA discounts (ie 10c listing)

rye-high_sportz
Community Member
Hi everyone,

New to the forum.

I'm a cdn seller on ebay.com and not ebay.ca and I've always wondered why I keep receiving ebay.ca news letters informing me on 5/10/25 cents listing days.

But when I go and post an item, I'm never eligible for the discounts?

Is this a rule for cdn sellers on eBay.com or am I doing something wrong when I post?

Your comments are appreciated.

Happy Holidays,
RHS
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not sure but I think we were "adopted" by .ca

The silly deal today (12th) was actually good as Canadian sellers could list on .com and qualify. Too bad it was a promotion that really wouldn't work for very many Canadian sellers.

Keep in mind most of the regular discount days apply only to listings on the .ca site and in pretty much all cases regular fees apply and credits are issued 60+ days later.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
You are receiving the newsletters as your registered address is a Canadian one.

You are eligible for the discount listing days on all of these promotions regardless of whether you list on .ca or .com. What matters is your registered address with ebay. If it is a Canadian address you will receive the rebate. These discounts do not show up immediately as with the .com promotions. Your account is credited later, usually within a month.

Monique

Monique

Message 3 of 3
latest reply