How exactly does eBay's 30 day checkout work?

I am wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one:

On a multi-item order, does eBay's 30 day checkout period start from the date of the first purchase or the date that the last invoice was sent?

I have a repeat customer that bought over 40 items from me in the past month and today is the 30th day since she bought the first item. I really dislike having to send paypal invoices and am wondering if I have to give her a little nudge today to send me her payment.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"over 40 items '

...will require TWO eBay invoices since eBay can only handle a maximum of 40 listings per invoice.

Send the invoice(s) now and you can always add more items to the invoice later if she buys more in the next few days.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Pierre. Thanks. I am aware of the 40 items per invoice and sent 2 invoices out last week.

My question is how long does my buyer have to pay through eBay?

Last summer I had one that took over a month to pay and eBay would not allow her to use their checkout tool. I had to invoice directly through PayPal instead. It's no biggie for one item but since I detail my invoices, it would be a PITA for 48.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"My question is how long does my buyer have to pay through eBay? "

I am not sure. I have seen customers adding a few items every week for several weeks but they have always paid soon after the last invoice was presented.

If unpaid by next week, you may want to re-invoice. It re-starts the cycle from the date of invoice(s).
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I believe they have 30 days to pay for their items through eBay. And if your customer is adding different things on different days then the older ones drop off, but the ones within the 30 day timeline will still be on the invoice.

The easiest way to do this is to invoice them in a lump sum FOR ALL of their purchases (you don't have to get specific about each item...that would take you forever) through PayPal. Then ensure that their items are marked as paid in eBay!

It works!

My customers are given as long as they would like to purchase and pay. I've never had any trouble!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 5
latest reply