How is your sales during the Easter weekend?

I am curious because mine are way down. I am not sure what happened, but on Friday it went to the tubes.

Unfortunately, this is the day, when I played with my listings and made the font little bigger and enabled back my header with floating IC. Although I have serious doubt that would cause the sales to plumet. Anyone has any idea WTF is going on??? Excuse my French.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Friday was great, Saturday was slow and today, Sunday, sales are about 20% of daily average. Huge drop but I don't micro-manage day-to-day stats.

Friday we hit our new 30-day record and celebrated the event. Next week will be great 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks Bernie. It must have been Easter weekend.

I am still playing around with my model (auctions vs. fixed price, how many, how the listing looks like, etc) - so I easily get nervous 😉

Thanks
Roman
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Mine didn't just drop, they stopped!!

It made me wonder if anyone was out there...lol.

Had a couple of bids on my auctions, which was surprising. These days most of my bidders wait until the last day.

But I did enjoy my weekend with family, which was nice for a change. But now I have to go and do all my orders for the ones that paid over the weekend.

I do the same things sometimes as well. Change things, I mean. Hopefully this week though you'll be able to see if they are working. I've had quite a bit of success with the fixed price for my large ticket items. When I had them listed before they weren't moving. So I listed them at fixed price with free shipping and I had buyers buying as soon as I listed the fixed price.

Up until this weekend I was selling a lot of stuff. It's funny how buyers think. I repriced most of my listings to what a buyer would pay for scrapbook items at a local store or on the net. Then I listed them on sale for 50% off. The stuff is flying outta my store. The previous month I had a 25% off and while I did pretty well I wanted to move more. Both sale prices end up being pretty much the same but because it says 50% they are buying more. I've had several of these orders that have store credits, which is really nice so my FVF are pretty low.

Which reminds me I need to go check that store. That is one of the best things I ever did was sign up for a free store at auctiva when I started selling. Every month I get store credits.

I hope you do really well dipmicro!! Good Luck!!
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It is now Tuesday at 11AM EDT and haven't sold anything from our store since Saturday afternoon.

This NO SALES AT ALL thing has NEVER happened to us before on eBay so I'm slightly concerned.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ds2286
Community Member
I have been noticing more and more lately that my sales come in bunches. Maybe nothing for a couple of days and then lots for a couple of days.

My sales have not decreased at all. They have actually increased, but do come in bunches.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hmm my sales were also very poor (aka almost nonexistent) as were my auctions that ended on Sunday night. I also presumed that it was because of Easter weekend. I keep meaning to write down what weekends are ok and what ones are not, but I also figure that it will change from year to year as well.

Things got back to normal on Tuesday.

I also have noticed that I'll have a few quiet days and then a bunch of sales, I've given up trying to figure out what is prompting them and am just thankful that the "bunch of sales" days are still happening!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Keep in mind that Easter was a holiday, so buyers shot their wad on Easter stuff and have to wait for their next paycheque.

I notice a LOT of people are paycheck-to-paycheck these days - I see a bump at the end of the week and at the 1st and 15th of each month.

Also, in the US, it's TAX FILING day, and they're scared to death of the IRS down there, so all their money goes to paying their taxes on time.

It should improve shortly. When the tax refunds start hitting pocketbooks, we'll get a short buying frenzy. -------------------------------------------------------------------
Every day, a businessperson has to ask himself 2 questions;

Am I being paranoid? and
Am I being paranoid enough?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

We had good sales over the weekend compared to recent weeks. Not as good as last year though..
Message 9 of 9
latest reply