How long do "Light Packet USA" take to exit Canada?

I shut down my eBay store a few days ago but some orders are likely to get stuck in the strike.

I ship to USA using "Light Packet USA" ($5.70) and internationally using "Light Packet Intl" ($8.78), does anyone know how long these take to exit the country so I can get a general idea of which orders are likely to get stuck?

For now I'm assuming everything I shipped Monday the 4th and later may get stuck, assuming a generous 5 days to leave the country, but are my orders shipped Tuesday or even Wednesday likely to be ok?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

where are you located?? if you are in a major city your mail gets to the border quicker. it all depends on how many stops it has to make. I am in London, Ontario, it then goes to Mississauga, then to the border.  So it all depends how far you are from a border town.

with that being said, i have seen my items take 2-5 days to get to the border..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As the other poster said, depends entirely where you are. Canada Post only has a handful of exit points, so it has to travel from you to the exit location inside Canada, before leaving the country.

I'm in Cambridge, Ontario feeding to Mississauga, Ontario and out.

For International I assume 1-2 business days and for the USA 2-3 business days.

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

As the other poster said, depends entirely where you are. Canada Post only has a handful of exit points, so it has to travel from you to the exit location inside Canada, before leaving the country.

I'm in Cambridge, Ontario feeding to Mississauga, Ontario and out.

For International I assume 1-2 business days and for the USA 2-3 business days.

-..-

im in vernon bc and its like one day to vancouver and its usually a day after that it gets out of canada being you are in a larger are closer to usa border it should be still two days to be safe

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

fort2b
Community Member

Most of my packages don't have tracking so i'm guessing here but I think within 48 hours they are on the way to or in the US.  I live in the Toronto area though.

I've many times received positive feedback 5 days after shipping to various locations throughout the US, so they are clearly leaving quickly.

I just sent a package with tracking yesterday and it was on it's way to the US within 24 hours.......but package volumes are light so processing is quicker.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply