How long for package to get here from Russia?

Alright, so I ordered a package from Russia on July 22nd. Seller shipped it on July 23rd. It left Russia for Canada (I am located on Vancouver Island) on July 30th. After that.. I stopped getting any updates at all from Russian Post. I messaged the seller to ask him if he even knew if it was in Canada yet and he told me I could actually track it with Canada Post. So, I did that and got this message:

"All items are subject to review for admissibility into Canada by the Canada Border Services Agency. Once an item clears all regulatory processes, it is handed over to Canada Post for delivery. Delivery time depends on the product and the distance to its destination."

Is it possible that it is being held up? All it is is a jacket. I don't see why or how that would happen.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well... it is with Customs and there could be any number of reasons it is being held.

Have you been called by CCRA? Duty due?

Is a Canadian even allowed to import from Russia or are they on the naughty list? International trade with certain countries is restricted. Let me look for that link.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is for exporting to countries....

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgIntDest-e.asp?letter=R

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You know it is in Canada, so there's that.

Is the jacket trimmed in fur or leather? There are restrictions on some animal products which may be causing the problem.

Be that as it may.

You have 30 days after the last estimated delivery date eBay gave you to open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Because the seller is not at fault here, hold out to Day 29.

And send a polite note explaining the situation to your seller.

The Dispute will also take some days to be resolved.

If the jacket arrives during that period, great. End the Dispute.

If it does not, take the refund. You will not be able to leave feedback. And in any case, this does not seem to be the seller's fault.

The jacket may be returned to Russia if it cannot be imported to Canada.

Or it may eventually be delivered to you.

In that case you can repay the refund using Paypal's Send Money service. because the seller did not make any error. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply