How to cancel a bid

tailsy1
Community Member

I bid on an item and won the auction and realized afterwards that the seller does not ship to where I live (Canada).  I emailed the seller right away and apologized and asked them to cancel my bid.The seller told me that they didnt know how to cancel it and that I would have to do it at my end.  I do not know how to do it either. The seller then told me to just not pay for the item.  I want to resolve this matter but dont know how.  I dont want a mark against me as I am an avid ebay shopper and do not want to lose my privileges.  Can anyone offer any suggestions or assist me with this,

Thanks

Sincererly

Kathy

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hi Kathy,   Here's a help page to forward to the Seller s...

@tailsy1 wrote:

I bid on an item and won the auction and realized afterwards that the seller does not ship to where I live (Canada).  I emailed the seller right away and apologized and asked them to cancel my bid.The seller told me that they didnt know how to cancel it and that I would have to do it at my end.  I do not know how to do it either. The seller then told me to just not pay for the item.  I want to resolve this matter but dont know how.  I dont want a mark against me as I am an avid ebay shopper and do not want to lose my privileges.  Can anyone offer any suggestions or assist me with this,

Thanks

Sincererly

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Here's a help page to forward to the Seller so they can cancel this transaction: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#cancel

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 2
latest reply