How to use bulk edit "find and replace"?

I need to edit the description of 217 online items. I have tried using the find and replace feature but nothing changes. I have checked the items, made the switch, ensured that there is a space at the beginning and end of the item searched, saved and submitted but nothing.

Does anyone know if this works and if it does what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How to use bulk edit "find and replace"?

The bulk description editor works at the HTML level. In the listing description, you see the processed HTML output without all the HTML code. To find a single word will work or a few words sometimes, but if there is any HTML code in the text you want to find, it cannot find it.

So basically the bulk editor is useless except for very short HTML free pieces of text.Or you can try bulk editing the HTML code but that is very tricky. You might break your HTML code.

I looked at a listing of yours and see that you use Microsoft Word to create portions of the description. Bad idea. MS Word create bloated HTML code and is nearly impossible to follow. It also makes it very difficult to edit.

When looking at your listing in FireFox browser, I see overlapping lines in the headers and text in the bottom half of the listing in the Payments and Returns sections. So you have some HTML errors in the code. I see that you used a free template design. Most likely it was working but you broke the code adding in you MS Word copy and paste.Sorry about the bad news.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply