I Bought an Item, Received Item, My Money was refunded?

carnage673
Community Member

I don't get it.

I bought an item from a seller on November 26, 2012. My item arrived 2 weeks later. Today the seller contacted me saying that my payment was removed from his paypal account.

I don't understand what happened at all.

I used a $50 pre-paid Visa card on my paypal account.

This is the e-mail message I received from the seller:

Hello... the money for this payment has been removed from my PayPal account because of something on your end. Please re-issue the payment immediately to me or send the merchandise that you've already received from me back express mail. Thank you and I will expect your immediate attention to matter so I do not have to get the legal department of eBay involved.

Already tried contacting Paypal and have yet to get a response.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your PayPal account if it has been removed?  If it is not, then you still have already paid for it.  Call PayPal by phone and get someone to response.  Don't give up.  I wouldn't want to return the item by express if it is really expensive than the merchandise.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Probably because prepaid credit cards don't have a verification number.

Unfortunately, your credit card must have a card verification number (also known as a card security code) to be used with PayPal

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

carnage673
Community Member

That's odd because I paypal makes no mention of that at all.

I was told to just link the card with paypal and all would be good.

Piss poor instructions I guess.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

carnage673
Community Member

Oh and yes, the prepaid card does have a 3 digit verification code on the back of the card.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There is no address of issuance associated with 'Pre-paid' cards, no way to verify you are who/where you are.

Don't let a little thing like fear or common sense stop ya'
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

So you added/linked a credit card to Paypal no problem, bought an item, paid for it, received it, and now seller is saying they didn't receive payment? I don't see how you would be able to even add the credit card to paypal if was not functional card, and how after a period of time Paypal would reverse payment? How would the card even go through in the first place, the seller receive the payment and ship the item, and then a reversal, makes no sense. Please do check your paypal transaction to find out the details, or call Paypal to find out if indeed the payment went through.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

carnage673
Community Member

Here's what it says on my recent paypal activity:

Date: Dec 26, 2012 

Type: Reversal From

Payment Status: Completed

Message 8 of 8
latest reply