I Need Everyones Help-I cant believe this can happen!!!!!

kidsndolls
Community Member
Hi everyone! I bought 28 items from a seller. Purses to re-sell in my physical store. I paid immediately for my items with paypal. Items never received. Paypal reimburses me. I then get a box, with purses that I did not order (really GROSS ones) from this seller. I notify the seller that I have these items, and inquire why did they send me this "crap"?? I would like to return it , please let me know where and how you would like to pay to ship them back etc.
Here's the KICKER!
I have just now gotten 28 negatives on my account from this seller, saying that I got the merchandise and a 500 dollar refund from paypal!!!! PLUS, even after I provided ebay with all information from paypal, showing them that I paid for items right away, and that they reimbursed me etc..Ebay is giving me NON PAYING BIDDER STRIKES! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?? I am flabergasted! I always pay for my stuff immediatly ...always, as shown in my feedback profile.
"WHAT DO I DO"? I am literally in tears. To work this hard for 6 years to create a reputation and work hard...and then let somebody like this, and Ebay spoil it all.

Brenda
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

kidsndolls
Community Member
Just as a side note. The purses were all I LOVE LUCY Purses. The purses this seller ended up sending me, after the fact, were GREEN I Love Lucy purses. All of these purses are supposed to be RED, Black White..etc, as shown. Who, other than a martian, is going to buy a GREEN one?? Even the letting "I LOVE LUCY" was in swamp green. I hope somebody can assist me in how to take action, to remove the strikes and negatives from my reputation.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I would leave this seller the same 28 negative feedbacks and hope to do a mutual feedback removal for these feedbacks.
Did you try emailing this seller before filling a Paypal claim ? Maybe you where too quick and should have tried calling or emailing.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
OUCH!!

Technically since you were refunded he wasn't paid. *no throwing heavy objects please* 😞 Good news is you can only get 1 UPI strike per seller.

I would have been inclined to give more detailed info in the feedback to them. Ordered X but got Y instead. Seller doesn't stand behind product etc.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

jenzaka
Community Member
Wow...my sympathies on this one.

Just a thought, but can you still file a "merchandise not as described" claim?

Joy

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
The Seller Feedback killed you , this is not allowed under Ebays rules

- Email ebay and tell them that all the feedback is the same , that it's considered feedback killing . Ebay has another word for it
-Do not Neg the Seller all at once ,you have 90 days to leave 28 Negs. Leave one for every postive they get. But always leave the Negative different ...but related too the issue. Also leave the feedback under the TW Ebay site . It gives you 125 digitals. While the Ebay.com site gives you 90 digits
http://pages.tw.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html?ssPageName=f:f:TW
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

If you leave feedback through Taiwan's eBay site the seller can contact eBay to have the feedback removed. Not a good suggestion. This has been covered in the US Powersellers discussion board.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I've heard of this happening before to a seller who had someone leave 150 negs and destroy their business. Don't think there is much you can do but try to respond with professionalism. Monique

Welcome to ebay! We aren't happy 'til you aren't happy!

Monique

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I think you're referring to feedback bombing but I don't think this applies here. Buyers and sellers can leave each other feedback for items purchased. Feedback bombing violations are for those that buy with the express purpose of leaving negatives. That's not the case here.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
wonderlandartifacts

Please provide me with the link in the Ebay American Powerseller site? .. I am curious as too the rule it breaks
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

torontosales
Community Member
I'm wondering if we do a mutual feedback removal of neg, can we restore to 100% positive? thanks,
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Actually yes. But the comments still appear in the feedback. The best thing is to try and negociate with the seller. Something is wrong , I don't understand why would this person leave 28 negatives feedbacks. There is some information missing.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

So, at this point you have both the goods and the money? You do need to negotiate with this seller regarding return of the purses and removal of the feedback.

You seem to have been treated very shabbily, but I think it is in your best interests now to try and be conciliatory and get this fixed. Ann

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

mtfman

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=76

Just for you, I've clipped the statement that pertains to the Taiwan FB loophole. This originally was posted on the Feedback board, but was discussed on the U.S. Powersellers Board:

----------------------------

If a member uses the Taiwan site to leave feedback, and that feedback contains more than 80 characters, and the transaction didn’t take place on the Taiwan site, or the buyer wasn’t registered on the Taiwan site, and the feedback is reported to us, we will remove the comment and the rating.

That sure was a mouthful!

Not removing the feedback is unfair to those members that are not aware of the Taiwan site capabilities.

The eBay system provides 80 characters to leave feedback (except for Taiwan and another double-byte site). Therefore, it is expected that when trading with a person on a site that only permits 80 characters, both individuals would be held to the same standard. Using the Taiwan site to leave 125 character comments undermines the integrity of the system.

If you use the Taiwan site to leave a glowing positive, the member that received the positive would likely not report it as a violation. If, on the other hand, you left a scathing negative that is 45 characters longer than they could leave in retaliation , they likely would report it.

The reason for the difference in the capabilities between the sites is when we migrated Taiwan they had the capability, before migration, to leave very long comments – much longer than 125 characters.

Because of this we chose not to limit Taiwan to 80 characters.

We will evaluate eliminating the difference, but until then, comments left via the Taiwan site will be removed if the above criteria are met.

On a side note, I agree with monster_goose that FB padding and shill also undermine the integrity of the system. I encourage you to report violators, and we continue to invest in tools that improve our ability to identify shill and FB padding.

Thanks.

Brian Burke
Senior Manager, Marketplace Policy
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
oh !
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Sorry to hear about your problems. I would definitly leave the same negatie feedbacks for the seller.

Another good reason to have a separate buying ID and selling ID.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
So, at this point you have both the goods and the money? You do need to negotiate with this seller regarding return of the purses and removal of the feedback.

You seem to have been treated very shabbily, but I think it is in your best interests now to try and be conciliatory and get this fixed.
Ann

I think Ann is right on this one - do you have friendly communication with the seller?

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Personally I don't think your business is ruined at all...anyone with a brain will see that this was one specific situation and that it was as a buyer not a seller anyway. You're at nearly 1500 in the positive favor and 99.3%, you're fine. If you're offering stuff people want they will buy, no worries there. As for the unpaid strike now, I do think it is a good idea, as someone mentioned, to get yourself another ID for purchases just to make sure you protect your biz.

I know it's discouraging when something like this happens...but it'll be ok!!!
Message 18 of 18
latest reply