I accidentally pressed the buy now button, and it won't let me leave and I don't want to buy it help

How do I escape this? It won't let me get out of the pay now thing and I can't get out how do I escape?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I accidentally pressed the buy now button, and it won't let me leave and I don't want to buy it help

You don't want the item?

Were you on the first or the second confirmation of payment?

If you were on the first, just close your entire computer, ending your log in.

If you were on the second page, you have paid for the item.

You can contact the seller and ask that your accidental purchase be cancelled.

While she is not compelled to do this, most sellers would rather cancel now than lose the cost of shipping and then return shipping from an unhappy buyer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'raccarro...', 

<< I accidentally pressed the buy now button, . . . and I don't want to buy it >>

There is no escape.

You mean you bought an item and then changed your mind.   Because it is just about impossible to "accidentally" buy on ebay.  You have to first click to buy, and then when you see a big pop-up screen asking you to confirm your decision, you have to click to confirm your agreement.  

It's not like putting items in your shopping cart where you simply find the word Remove and click it to make the item disappear.  Once you have clicked the second time to confirm, the item is in your Purchase History with a request to Pay Now.

The only way out of it is to ask the seller for a cancellation.  If the seller is kind enough to accommodate you, when you get the Request for Cancellation, you simply click to Respond, then click to Agree.  Then you will be free of it.  It will still linger in your Purchase History, but you can click on the More actions and then click to Hide order.  

What matters is you will no longer have to pay for it.

If the seller is feeling fed-up with people who buy and don't pay, the seller might file an Unpaid Item case against you.  Your choice then is to pay for the item or get a strike on your record.  Sellers can auto-block people with 2 or more strikes, so you wouldn't want to get another one.   

Indecisiveness is not a virtue on ebay, so you might like to look at the policy about not paying:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/unpaid-item.html#examples

And see the tips on how to avoid this:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/confidence/avoid-unpaid-items.html#buyers

In future, when you want to keep track of an item but are not ready to commit to paying for it, under the Bid or Buy button is the phrase  Add to watch list.  Click that and the item is saved in your personal Watch List that you can access from the My eBay at the top of the page.  You can save up all sorts of items this way and price compare, shop around, make a decison.  

Only confirm to buy when you are fully prepared to follow through with payment.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply