Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Exporting to US using Informal Entry

Surplusdealdude, you mentioned you are also sending your stuff through USPS via Lewiston/Queenston. Noticed any change on the border lately? I used to be waved in all the time, now I am sent to secondary and/or X-ray every time. When I talked to CBP ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Automatic Import Brokerage

Anyone can comment on based on what Canadian legislation can a carrier assign brokerage charges without consent? I normally pay my UPS and DHL brokerage invoices no problem. Few weeks ago I received invoice from TNT, where value for customs was $22.2...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

CRA vs eBay ????

With eBay in a tizzy over the ruling by the Cnd. government requiring disclosure of total yearly amounts made by Cdn. Power sellers - has anyone had a phone call, letter, etc., from the CRA [Canadian Revenue Agency] yet? Your bookkeeping and records ...

Use eBay Feedback to Protect Yourself

So you thought eBay feedback works only against you. Not so. The other day I was discussing with my fellow eBay seller (he is my competitor, supplier, friend too) about possiblity of writing an application (we are both programmers), that would scan f...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problems with a shipment to Chile

I need some advise on this one. I sold an ipod to a bidder from Chile. I sent it through CP Small Parcel Air and he got it within 2 weeks. BUT the ipod is missing... the accessories and the ipod box were still in the package but not the ipod itself. ...

Question about the impact of a Negative Feedback

Good afternoon. I'm not sure how much I can divulge about my problem so will skip right to my question: What is the impact of receiving negative feedback from an International buyer? Am I not mistaken that this feedback will not at all affect my Top ...

UNPAID ITEM PROCESS ?????????????????

Anyone know how this is working now ... I have a smack load of Upi's all the time and now its not allowing me to send them only thur mutual s and it still gives me an error ?

Canada Post's new POS system overcharging on GST

As all of you know who do a volume of "out of Canada" mailing, the Canada Post regulation with respect to GST reads in part: Mail addressed to foreign destinations requiring total shipping charges of $5.00 or more (single item or a cumulative purchas...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need assistance please, Cnd buyer has found a perfect way to screw sellers

I would need some help. If a Canadian buyer purchased, let's say an Ipod, received with Expedited Parcel, opens the package gently and take the Ipod, then severely damage the Ipod the same day, and then quickly replace the Ipod inside the package, re...

Ut oh..."see more items from store sellers" link missing?

Just wondering if anyone else can no longer see the "see more items from eBay store sellers" link at the bottom of search pages. I've tried a few tests and it's not there anymore. I've seen this happen before (somebody must have messed up) and it's a...

Selling Manager Pro subscription is not prorated

A heads up to those planning to switch subscription level - if you care, you may want to do it at end of billing cycle. On Sep.27 we switched to Premium Store, which includes complimentary subscription to SMP. Latest invoice shows prorated store subs...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

check box for eBay item missing in Paypal create an invoice

Anyone else noticed this? I went to use "create an invoice" (basic type) in Paypal a couple of days ago and the usual check box to indicate "eBay item" was missing. So the payment is no longer automatically connected with the eBay item. I sometimes u...

PayPal Business Account / accepting CC payments on eBay

This has been probably talked about here before, but I cannot find it in old posts. We can process credit cards from the website (at least we used to, I did not check right now). But this is not the case for eBay checkout:

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question on Importing goods

I want to look at the possibility to import some of my products directly from the manufacturer (based in USA) instead of buying them from a Canadian distributor. I went on the CBSA web site and everything seems complicated. Are you using a broker to ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item coming from US to Canada, charge no sales taxes to Canadians?

I'm supposed to charge sales taxes to Canadians at time of sale and remit this to the government. However the item I am selling is in the states. The Canadians will be charged again when it crosses the border. How do I avoid charging or paying taxes ...

Ads like this are great for business??!!

I just read this article on the Yahoo home page. It should do wonders for eBay sellers.;\ Why user reviews are worthless By Christopher Null Say you are in the market for a new frying pan. How do you go about figuring out which one to buy? If you're ...

Canadian Powersellers where are ya ??

I'm quite surprised that almost no one over here talks about the new TRS program while many discussions are going on on the US powersellers board. Canadian sellers should be aware that this program might have a huge effect on our sales as its criteri...

Combine items listings?

Few months ago I think, I was reading that we are getting combine listing, one bin listing for different size, colour. I this still scheduled or that was just me dreaming?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

M&T Bank

When calling, 9 out of 10 times I get "Calling is temporarily unavailable". Other phone numbers busy signal. When I was setting up web banking it went through so many hoops and wasted my selected ID in the process because IT guy on the phone (45min) ...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebayer not charging PST/GST

I'm a god-fearing ebay seller who pays his taxes and has his ducks in a row. Let's say I observe an large, (100k+ a year) ebayer who isn't charging GST and PST, even though its obvious he must. I'm guessing he doesn't report his income either. If som...

Revising item condition

I have noticed listings which state NEW but I can only seem to choose new in box and used. Everything we sell is brand new but not in a box. Puzzled... Bernie

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal not following through on refunds for label cancellations

Just a heads up to let people know to stay on top of their cancelled shipping label refunds. Once again I had to call paypal to get mine. Over the last year and a half they have systematically NOT refunded any of my label cancellations (and yes I did...

Featured Listings ???? are They gone ?

Does any one know of featured listings are gone ... I paid 400+ Dollars in the last week to have 4 of my auctions featured ... Now i dont see featured for them ???? Vortex Fans .. working fine yesterday as of this morning not working .. notice drop i...

Editing Sold Listings

I am wondering how eBay protects the buyer now when quantity listings description can be edited? I thought eBay keeps the version for each purchase, but that is not the case - when I edit the listing, even the sold items show the new description.

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

ad commerce question

Hello Everyone Just on my way to play in my last university golf tournament this weekend in the US, The Twin Cities Classic.I hope the weather in Minneapolis is better than it is in Wpg right now.I will be packing my toque and mitts.Clubs are away af...

Power Seller Magazine still around?

I'm an 'on again, off again' kind've Power Seller. I remember getting this little magazine from eBay once a quarter a few years ago. They still do that? I haven't seen one this year and I've been pretty much a PS all year. Anyone else recall getting ...

Recent Changes - Helpful Links

Hello folks, Here are some links for information on the changes that were announced on 1/29. Bill Cobb's announcement: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200801.shtml#2008-01-29085842 Jim Ambach's announcement: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200801.shtml#2008-01...

NEED HELP - Can't see Free Shipping Logos AND with COOKIES

I am running a shipping special on all of my items. It started a couple of days ago. I received a confirmation e-mail from eBay stating that my sale had been successfully completed. I only list on .com and I understand that the shipping special only ...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.