NEED HELP - Can't see Free Shipping Logos AND with COOKIES

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I am running a shipping special on all of my items. It started a couple of days ago. I received a confirmation e-mail from eBay stating that my sale had been successfully completed.

I only list on .com and I understand that the shipping special only applies to US shipping. To accomodate my Canadian and International buyers I have a notice on my storefront.

I CAN'T SEE the FREE SHIPPING LOGO on any of my listings. I've looked on both of the computers that I have here in our home. No luck.

I called eBay two nights ago and basically the representative said, "Well, I can see it so obviously there is nothing wrong." While true....I WOULD like to see it! I can't.

I called my daughter in Ottawa and asked her to go onto eBay.com and see if the FREE SHIPPING special logo was on my listings. She is able to see it.

Now, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that for the past several days I've been trying to come into PS Canada and I've not been able to get in. A sign pops up that says there is something wrong with my cookies. The warning says to check to make sure the time on my computer is correct. (It is.) The warning tells me to make sure that I'm runnig the latest version of IE. (I am.) The warning says to make sure that I accept certain 3rd party cookies. (I do.)

I even went so far to LET ANY AND ALL COOKIES be accepted for the day. This cookie, that cookie, no cookies at all.....I couldn't get in.

I decided to try again and for some reason I got in here this early morning! So, I thought I would go and check out those FREE SHIPPING LOGOS that should be appearing on my .com listings. My luck ran out...I see nothing!

Do you have any suggestions for either problem? If so, kindly e-mail me through eBay or directly as I'm not sure if the next time I log here I'll be able to get in because of those silly cookies! Perhaps it's payback because we didn't leave cookies out for Santa last year!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well, I can see the sale, too.

Try using Firefox. ebay is optimized for Firefox. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

"Do you have any suggestions for either problem?"

Log off eBay completely.

Go back to eBay as a visitor or under a different User ID. See what happens.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi! This is my belief and of course likely not 100% accurate, but I've raised the fact before that what we see as sellers isn't the same as what buyers see. The only way I've been able to see what a buyer sees is to use a friend's ID, same as Pierre is suggesting.

I do see my own free shippings but I don't do sales so that might be a difference.

It is frustrating that we can't see exactly what the buyer sees but the (eBay) world isn't perfect!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you are logged in and have your location set to Canada you won't see "free shipping" because your listings don't offer free shipping to Canada.

If you log in under your regular id and change your ship to location to the USA then the Free Shipping stuff will show.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply