I am having trouble updating Turbo Lister

Every time I try to update Turbo Lister 2, I get a message 'Turbo Lister upgrade failed because Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup Failed. Please log in with a user with admin priveledges.'  I am the only user and as far as I know I have set the computer to me as admin. Has anybody else had this problem? I am having more and more trouble with Turbo Lister and I am on a restricted download, so I can't keep downloading Turbo Lister to get the new upgrades. Can anyone help? I tried to attach screenprints, but I don't know how to make them a picture as I put them into a document and of course eBay won't accept documents as files only pictures. I have 4 different 2008 Setups on my computer and 2 2010. Should I uninstall (if I can as I also get a lot of TrustedInstaller messages as well) the 2008 ones?

Thanks Shirley

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you're using the turbo that you dowloaded from the Canadian site, dump it - it's garbage.

Go to ebay.com, download THEIR turbo and add Canada as a selling site.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

OK, I did as you asked and when I went in to create an item and changed the site to eBay Canada, none of the links worked. I couldn't see any titles. The buttons were there but no title on them so I couldn't see what it was. When I went to see if I could do the postage to see what came up, it just came up Expedited and when I tried to change to Canada Post Regular Parcel, it wouldn't change. This seems to be more garbage than eBay Canada's if you want to use another site. Seems to work for eBay US, but then it only comes up with USPS rates.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I actually solved this by getting rid of the US version, redownloading TL2 from Cdn. version but went in and deleted the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable items from my computer and now it updated fine. Now I have a new problem which I never had before, when I put in the shipping costs and put in the international shipping, it doesn't bring down the weight and dimensions of the packaging, just the handling fee. I can't seem to win for losing. Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 4
latest reply