I am on ebay.ca but want to continue to sell in USD ebay keeps telling me they are looking into it.

5 REPLIES 5

I am on ebay.ca but want to continue to sell in USD ebay keeps telling me they are looking into it.

Did you call Customer Service?

If so, they are confused. USD on ebay.ca was permanently retired earlier this year. There was a big hullabaloo about it. 

If USD is important to you, you have to re-create your listings on ebay.com or try the Migration Tool.

I don't know anything about the latter; the change to single-currency did not affect me since I have been using only CAD to list since January of 2013. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Unfortunately i don't have the answer but i"m in the same position as you! And it is affecting my sales. Then only a few days ago i realized my listings were not showing up in the states. I'm just small time but still... Did u find a solution,may i ask? Marianne

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay hasn't had Canadian based support in years, so it's no wonder you're getting bad info. Possibly it's coming from seller support people who think you are asking how to transfer your eBay.ca US$ listings to eBay.com (there have been a few problems).

Regardless, the ability to make new listings in US$ on eBay.CA was stopped in June 2016.

A non-store seller has 50 free listings on eBay.CA (in Cdn$) and 50 free listings on eBay.COM in US$

The big listing difference on .com for a Canadian seller is that you can't use calculated shipping, only flat rate is available. You can still buy discounted Canada Post shipping via PayPal when you ship, but you can't use it in an eBay.com listing.

Here's a list of current shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada):

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)
Flat rate Freight

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you
select plus can have "Require buyers to contact you for international
shipping costs" as a choice. This last International option allows the
potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Side trip: I took a look at some of your listings. You don't appear to have properly set up shipping for the usa (some postal services have minimum sizes), at least on the ones I viewed. Plus, is the box many of those items are displayed on. included as part of the sale or not (you should make that clear).
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Unfortunately i don't have the answer but i"m in the same position as you! And it is affecting my sales. Then only a few days ago i realized my listings were not showing up in the states. I'm just small time but still... Did u find a solution,may i ask? Marianne

Your problem is probably that you do not have shipping specified for the USA.
When I enter my location as USA/90210 I get this message:

Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code.

Given the value of your items, and your low seller feedback, the lack of an exact S&H is bound to be a turnoff.

While I think of it, again given the value of your rings, think about adding this bit of boilerplate eBay once suggested for those selling internationally.
 Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

Frankly, I think you should be listing on dotCOM, where your prices would appear to be lower.
I'd go a step further (Don't Panic!) and suggest you use Free Shipping.
It's okay. Free Shipping just means that the cost of shipping is included in the asking price of the item. It makes shipping to the USA much easier.
My items are mostly less expensive than yours, at least on this account, but I find offering 'free' shipping does make customers into buyers.
Which is cheapest?
A $5 item with $10 shipping?
A $10 item with $5 shipping?
A $15 item with Free Shipping?
You can use Free Shipping for domestic and then add $0.00 shipping for Canada (or for USA if you prefer to stay with dotCA).
International shipping? At this point you should not be shipping internationally in any case, but you can have a Flat Rate for overseas shipping even if your Canada/USA customers are included in your 'free' shipping policy.

May I also suggest that you use some capital letters in your titles and in your descriptions. Their lack makes you appear unprofessional and you need to appear professional, trustworthy, and knowledgeable in your high fraud/ high value category.

Best wishes for better sales as the holiday season approaches. Your rings are lovely and nicely photographed.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply