I am trying to apply a seller discount on the billing page, but the form will not allow it

aplj_k
Community Member

The invoice page has a box that explicitly states it is to (-) apply discounts or (+) surcharges, but when I try to apply a discount I get an error message that states the total cannot be less than the subtotal. The page seems broken as the sale was $50 and I am trying to apply a $5 discount. Why does this not work? It is fine if I add a surcharge, but not if I try and apply a discount.

The discount is as the result of a best offer that had conditions. We agreed on a new amount, but the purchaser then simply purchased the item and asked for the discount.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to apply a seller discount on the billing page, but the form will not allow it

The only aspect of the sale you can now discount is the shipping (postage) amount.

Either you will have to cancel the order and relist for the new amount while explaining the problem to the buyer, or ask them to pay and send them a $5 refund. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

The only aspect of the sale you can now discount is the shipping (postage) amount.

Either you will have to cancel the order and relist for the new amount while explaining the problem to the buyer, or ask them to pay and send them a $5 refund. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply