I was charged with import fees that were not listed

llkaly
Community Member

Few days ago I bought 2 items  from the United States to Canada shipped by the global shipping center. I had no import fee on one and the other had a 10$ import fee which I paid and was in the invoice. I looked at my paypal account today  and I found out I was charged an extra 19.22$ and 21.29$ by pitney bowes. These extras were not listed as one listing clearly stated there was no import fee and the other had a 10$ listed on the invoice. What should i do? These extras are more than  50% of the item value + the shipping I had already  paid.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is it possible for you to post a screen shot of all this, blotting out any personal details (yours and the sellers)?  

What were the shipping fees on the listing?  Is it the same as the "shipping fees" you see there now?  

The reason I ask is because the GSP is tinkering around and moving import charges to the shipping fee for 'viewing'.  The import charges still have to be sectioned off and paid to Canada, so you might see a different breakdown in your PP account with the same total you paid at the checkout.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I would like to add the screenshot but somehow I can't edit my post now... It is totally new charges made by pitney bowes billed directly to my bank account without any indication beforehand. I did not have the choice to pay it was automatically billed few days later after I paid my invoice directly to my bank account.

shipping fees were 26.74usd + 10usd for import fee and the other was 14.71usd and no import charge

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Can you add another post? Or even take it to the Buyer Central board where other users can look over it, and there are more people there. It is easier to get a discussion thread going, and add pics & links as you go,

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003

There are a lot of discussions about these issues and I think others would like to hear of it.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply