I bought a battery from someone in China and did not receive it.

Do I have any recourse now that the time frame has expired for lodging a complaint?  I have sent numerous emails to the seller and now he is just ignoring me.  It is not much money, but this has happened twice in the last few months and I can't afford to keep throwing money away.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you paid through Paypal with a credit card then you can file a chargeback with them, but other than that, there is nothing that you can do. Although many ebayers have been perfectly happy with items from China, I personally would not buy anything like batteries or any type of electronics directly from there as the quality is not always good.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi PJ,

Thank you for your reply.  I tried to file a chargeback through PayPal but they said it didn't qualify.  I bought the battery in May and waited for a while as the guy kept stalling me.  I must be too patient I guess.  I will just chalk it up as a lesson learned.  I wonder how many millions people rake in selling things that never get to the buyer?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, much appreciated.

Lesley.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No no no.

You now go directly to the credit card you actually paid with. Paypal is just the mediator, keeping your financial information secret from us sneaky sellers.

Phone the 1-800 number on the card or on your monthly bill. Ask the customer service clerk for a chargeback. She will need information about the date of purchase, payment amount, and transaction numbers, so have that handy for her to process the refund.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply