I bought a bird cage. I received it after a few weeks all banged up. What should I do?

I bought a bird cage.  I received it after a few weeks all banged up.  I've been trying to get a new one or a refund.  But I'm just getting a run around.  It is very frustrating, because I paid 200.00 for this cage and all I got for it was a banged up and broken cage.  Who is going to rectify this?  I am hoping to get some answers because I don't want to have to take this to my lawyer.  I thought e-bay was a trusted site. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I bought a bird cage. I received it after a few weeks all banged up. What should I do?

You have to file an item not as described claim in the resolution center in order to have Paypal investigate so that you can get your money back. Normally, in order to be refunded for the item you have to return the item. In this case it looks as if you purchased this through the global shipping program and if that's the case, you might not have to return it.

File a claim here:   http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

More information here:  http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A few weeks?

You have only 45 days from purchase for the Item Not As Described Dispute, so act immediately. And only accept a refund not a replacement. There is no reason to think the replacement will be any better than the first item.

Also shipping and receiving a replacement may take you past the Dispute deadline.

If too much time has passed for the Dispute, go to the credit card you actually paid with, phone the 1-800 number and ask about a chargeback. Have all your information handy for the clerk to process the refund.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't think a lawyer is going to take a case about a bird cage. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

.....and even if you did find a lawyer willing to file a "Bird Cage" claim - do you know how much lawyers charge per hour?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply