I bought an item, paid for it by paypal, paypal did not complete the payment but my credit card has been charged with the payment

boobytoons
Community Member

In spite of trying to get this resolved twice with paypal and ebay support, with no results, now it would seem they're blaming me.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I bought an item, paid for it by paypal, paypal did not complete the payment but my credit card has been charged with the payment

Hi ..Does the payment show in your PP history. If you didn't pay the seller directly and your credit card was charged then PP processed the payment.

How are you being blamed , did the seller receive payment.

Have you called PP..toll free 1-888-221-1161.

If seller has not been paid and your card has a charge , call credit card 800 # on back and request a chargeback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Is the seller a new seller whose PayPal payments would be subject to the 21 day hold? In this case, while you have already paid, the seller would not receive the money you sent for 21 days, unless a dispute were opened, which could further delay the payment. Sellers are, however, required to ship the item within 7 days or lose their seller protection.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply