I bought an item that turned out to be fake. I can return for a full refund, but have to pay return

palb868
Community Member

I bought an item, that turned out to be fake,I can return for a full refund, but have to pay return shipping. therefore I am still out $20 US, even though I paid through paypal. Haven't opened a case yet. (The first thing ebay tells you to do is contact seller) What are my options. Do I cut my losses and ship it back?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi palb868,   Definitely reach out to Customer Support to...

@palb868 wrote:

I bought an item, that turned out to be fake,I can return for a full refund, but have to pay return shipping. therefore I am still out $20 US, even though I paid through paypal. Haven't opened a case yet. (The first thing ebay tells you to do is contact seller) What are my options. Do I cut my losses and ship it back?

Hi palb868,

Definitely reach out to Customer Support to see what options are available to you in this case.

Good luck!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi palb868,   Definitely reach out to Customer Support to...

Fogot to mention, it was a Rosettastone (which they say is illegal to resell, let alone a fake version ...didn't know this until researching it. The item looked "dodgey") Am I paying to send it back only to be resold to someone else?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply