I can't open a case cause it says it's an invalid paypal ID... I can see the transaction in paypal tho.

jonblanchette
Community Member

Hello, I can't open a case cause it says it's an invalid paypal ID... I can see the transaction in paypal. Looks like Paypal linked the wrong ID to Ebay or I don't know... Ebay don't have live chat anymore and I don't wanna call them and lose my time typing buttons and talking to machines. thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re:I can't open a case cause it says it's an invalid paypal ID... I can see the transaction in paypal tho.

Are you using PayPal resolution center, All that's needed is the transaction ID #  on payment details page.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Re:I can't open a case cause it says it's an invalid paypal ID... I can see the transaction in paypal tho.

The problem is not eBay. The problem is with Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is found at the top right hand corner of your PP page.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What type of case are you trying to open? Has it been more than 45 days since end of sale? There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to file a dispute unless too much time has passed.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I should have asked are you typing the ID or are you copying and pasting? If you are typing, maybe you typed it wrong. It is always better to copy and paste rather than type to assure accuracy.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Are you using PayPal resolution center, All that's needed is the transaction ID #  on payment details page.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The problem is not eBay. The problem is with Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is found at the top right hand corner of your PP page.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

jonblanchette
Community Member

Yes I've tried the paypal resolution center but it keeps telling me the id is not valid... but I enter nothing! it enters it automatically. And That's quite stupid to solve an ebay problem on paypal.... looks like they want to make everything complicate so we just end up doing nothing and just accept we get fooled

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

jonblanchette
Community Member

Thank you friends, i've used the paypal resolution center directly on their website, it solved the problem! I've opened a dispute, hopefully it will be quick.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply