I had to cancel a sale, do I HAVE to send the buyer a cancellation notice?

I had to cancel a sale. The buyer agreed that she didn't want to complete and I refunded her payment. I initiated the cancellation because even though my original listing was correct, upon relist the photos didn't match the listing. She purchased probably from the photos and when I emailed her she didn't want the actual item. I was unable to send the one she wanted, it actually sold last weekend and I had no more.

I don't care about the fees. I didn't want to bother her with a cancellation notice if I didn't need to (hoping that I don't get bad FB/DSRs of course) but I'm wondering if I have to send her a cancellation notice so that ebay/paypal will know that the sale has been cancelled.  Does anyone know if this has to be done or can I just leave well enough alone?

First time I've ever not been able to complete a sale.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The only reason to send a cancellation request is to get your final value fees refunded, if it's a small amount and it's because of my error I wouldn't bother in most cases.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks recped, that's what I thought! Just wanted to make sure. (Actually, not my error, an ebay glitch.)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply