I have contacted the seller and eBay customer support. The amount on the invoice was changed by the

I have contacted the seller and eBay customer support. The amount on the invoice was changed by the seller to $310.00 instead of the $155.00 agreed upon and until this is rectified I cannot make payment.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have contacted the seller and eBay customer support. The amount on the invoice was changed by the

How was the S&H "agreed upon" ? Did you get a quote on shipping through eBay messages?

Have you tried to correct the invoice to the agreed amount for shipping? If so, did you click "Recalculate"? If so, go back, do it again and do NOT hit Recalculate.

If that corrects the problem, pay and enjoy your backpack.

Was the seller at all helpful when you contacted him? Was there actually any response when  you attempted it? You can get his phone number from eBay (he will get yours at the same time). Sometimes a person to person chat makes problems go away.

The seller may be oblivious to the fact that Canada has a different shipping rate than overseas destinations. Ask the seller to go back and check that he has been billing you for Canada as a destination rather than "world wide", which is much higher.

If the seller is not interested in completing the transaction, you can explain (politely, because we are, after all, Canadians, that you based your order on the agreed S&H and cannot go for the higher price.

You could also try, if all else fails, opening a Not As Described dispute, since the shipping was much higher than "agreed upon" but you will need electronically visible proof of the agreement.

Looks like a busy weekend for you. Woman Frustrated

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Was the purchase from a US seller using the GSP?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If it was the backpack the seller does not have a shipping cost to Canada listed, and can in effect charge whatever they like for shipping. The price quoted was the equivalent of 'Go away, I do not want your money' as it is a price for item and shipping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How was the S&H "agreed upon" ? Did you get a quote on shipping through eBay messages?

Have you tried to correct the invoice to the agreed amount for shipping? If so, did you click "Recalculate"? If so, go back, do it again and do NOT hit Recalculate.

If that corrects the problem, pay and enjoy your backpack.

Was the seller at all helpful when you contacted him? Was there actually any response when  you attempted it? You can get his phone number from eBay (he will get yours at the same time). Sometimes a person to person chat makes problems go away.

The seller may be oblivious to the fact that Canada has a different shipping rate than overseas destinations. Ask the seller to go back and check that he has been billing you for Canada as a destination rather than "world wide", which is much higher.

If the seller is not interested in completing the transaction, you can explain (politely, because we are, after all, Canadians, that you based your order on the agreed S&H and cannot go for the higher price.

You could also try, if all else fails, opening a Not As Described dispute, since the shipping was much higher than "agreed upon" but you will need electronically visible proof of the agreement.

Looks like a busy weekend for you. Woman Frustrated

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I contacted the seller before placing a bid and they were able to quote me the correct price for shipping but when the invoice was made there was an error. It has since been rectified and the item paid for. 

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply