I have found an item that is listed by two different sellers. It is definitely the same item.

cleomum
Community Member

Natural Aquamarine & Seed Pearl 925 Solid Sterling Silver Art Nouveau Ring Sz 6 (311195706902) Ringlovers 

Natural Aquamarine & Seed Pearl 925 Solid Sterling Silver Art Nouveau Ring Sz 6 (371203217650) Old-English-Silver

These items are the same and when I bid on one my bid appears on the 2nd listing. 

Is this a common practice? I know that these two sellers seem to actually be the same (although an email asking about this received no reply).

I find this confusing. I did read the rules and there is a prohibition from the same seller listing an item multiple times. I think Ringlovers and Old-English-Silver are the same company but the ebay form will not allow me to report this because they appear to be different sellers.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have found an item that is listed by two different sellers. It is definitely the same item.

and when I bid on one my bid appears on the 2nd listing. 

That's .... peculiar.

The two accounts may or may not be related.

The two items may or may not be the same item. It is normal for manufacturers to turn out hundreds of identical items - it's called mass manufacturing.

Only custom or antique pieces are likely to be unique.

And a lot of sellers will describe an item as unique when it is in fact a common piece. You can tell those sellers by the scorch marks on their pants.

But I can't see how you could bid on Listing A and have your bid appear on Listing B instead.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Your bid appears on the ringlovers listing. There is a single different bidder on the other site.

The two items are probably made in China. They are produced from moulds and are not antique (The seller is also pretty ignorant about decorative eras, since he calls the ring Art Deco (1920s-1930s) but claims it is from a Victorian mould (1837- 1901).

I doubt this 99 cent ring is made of sterling silver. Tibetan silver maybe, but that is an alloy closer to pewter.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Actually I believe these two sellers are the same. I purchased many items under one seller but I have invoices from both old-english-silver and Ringlovers. I sent one email for a combined shipment of all items instead of separately and they both sent me combined invoices. These are the same sellers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply