I have had many non paying Ebayers bid on my items in the past, it seems that I am being singled out

In the past months I have listed several items and had Ebayers bid on it and ended up with them not paying nor responding to my request. It seems to me that I am being singled out. I feel for some reason or another someone is always there to put me through this bidding and not paying for the item. I have asked for information on how I could keep this from happening and have gotten some good advise. One bit of advise was to list my items with shipping included in price of item. This seemed to work well but still I am getting these non payers.

Even though I try contacting the buyer as suggested by Ebay the bidders refuse to reply to my messages or pay. Could some Ebayer be hacking into other members accounts and carrying out these actions or is it that there are many Ebayers have nothing better to do with their time, just a thought?

It is becoming a pain to have to deal with these people as often as I have in the past months.

I hope someone can provide a little good advise for this problem. Many Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have had many non paying Ebayers bid on my items in the past, it seems that I am being singled out

It's most likely your customer demographic.

If you think your customer is young, male, buying from a mobile device, and buying with a plan to resell (now or later), you have a customer who is less committed than say, stamp collectors, who tend to be older, buying from a desktop and making a long-term committment to a collection.

So if he buys on impulse he may not follow through on that impulse or if he is a reseller, he made decide that the profit margin is not great enough. Or both.

Or neither, I could be speculating way wide of the mark.

It is annoying though. All we can do is send that reminder on Day Three and open the UID on Day Four. And keep a punching bag by the eBay desk.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, it is annoying but even if the E-Bayer changes his/her minds mid stream, they can at lease send me a request to cancell or even just E-Mail me or answer my E-Mails. The time it takes to list, wait the period of the auction, open a case and wait for it to close in my favor is over a week. In most of these cases, the E-Bayer has only a few transactions and it has been quite some time since they made a purchase.

Thanks for your input.

Spirit

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I don't think you are being singled out.  It is a sign of the times and it happens to all of us.

Make sure you open an unpaid item case, get your fees back and block the buyer.

Over time, I'm sure that you will find there are more good buyers than bad.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply